Seed Hoarders Anonymous

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Name?? Hummmm.... Roger is a good name - nice and strong. I like the name Alice too.
Both of those are a little weird for a drink though.
sFun_coffeeaddict[1].gif

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh man you all put me to shame...... Well except for the thousands of daylily seedlings that I have started. If you have any tomatoes, sweet peppers, string beans, colorful lettuce than you want to get rid of....

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ya know what's fun about this--we all figure out our OWN way to store the mass quantities. I clean out all sorts and sizes of jars, then rip out the paper on the seed packet that identifies what it is, THEN I roll it inside the jar before I empty the contents.
I recently bought 10,000 black eyed susan seeds on clearance--$3.12 :woot :woot :woot
and they are going in a former jar of spaghetti sauce. I store in former jars of garlic, former herb and spice jars, plastic and glass, even save the shaker holes part, former jars of grated parmesean. I can see through the glass/plastic so I know what seeds are there, and when it's empty I never have to clean off an outside, glued label, plus they are always reusable.
Btw, the black eyed susans are gonna help fill in a patch with 7 pine trees, where I raised their crowns and the weeds have rushed in!

One of my favorite storage jars is a food re-use. If you look in the pcs I posted you'll see a couple of nearly spherical jars with bright orange covers. Those jars originally contained honey. I've got a whole pile of them in my closet (I REALLY. REALLY liked that honey, back when I could get it) Their GREAT for seed storing (if you can get all the honey residue out of them). The tops follow the curve of the jar so they can't catch on anything and be ripped off (or break) and the glass is so thick it's practically breakproof. Though given the shape, if you drop one, it can roll a LONG way!

Latest posts