Sentry, Baymule’s Livestock Guard Dog

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just caught up on this thread. Sentry sure has gone feeling bad for a long time. Does the vet think it was worms all this time and now hopefully Sentry will be cured? I sure hope so. So glad he has you to take care of him.

Mary
No, he has worms on top of whatever is causing his other problems.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It is Panacur, I use it in the name of Safeguard to worm my sheep for tapeworms. They hate it too but I run them through the chute, get in the chute and wrestle them, use a drench gun and down the hatch! MUCH easier than the dogs!

Oh I can only imagine the fun that wrestling those sheep must be! Worming our horses with paste wormer was always pretty easy, but then riding horses are more used to handling probably than sheep and so are willing to put up with a lot more from humans.

I had a mixed breed rescue dog awhile back with a less than great immune system and he was first victim to cocidia and giardia (along with pneumonia, Lyme disease, another tick-born disease, and other problems) and I used that 5 dose routine of panacur on him to kill giardia with good results.

The wormer from Australia that I recommended (Worm Out) is manufactured by Vet-a-Farm. The pills I order are small for my small & tiny dogs (altho the size you'd order would be larger) but either way these pills do not contain a lot of inert ingredients and thus are an easier size to disguise in a thin slice of deli ham or turkey. (PetsMegastore carries other brands of wormer with the same active ingredients, but a lot of them are not as easy to administer because of useless bulk from inactive ingredients.) I treat both my dogs once, and then again two weeks later to kill eggs or developing parasites. (I probably shouldn't write this, but when I treat my dogs, I also treat myself using equine paste wormer having the same ingredients. I caught round worms many decades ago and it was not a pleasant experience.)

One thing that always makes me laugh is that if you place an order in Australia from North America today, the order date will display as tomorrow. It's like time travel!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Took Carson to vet yesterday for his rabies shot, ear mites and told vet of my problems in dosing VERY unwilling Anatolians with Panacur. He gave me pills! So now all dogs have been wormed and it was easy. I put the pills in a blob of home made pimento cheese and they gobbled it up. Done.

IMG_4691.jpeg

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Took Carson to vet yesterday for his rabies shot, ear mites and told vet of my problems in dosing VERY unwilling Anatolians with Panacur. He gave me pills! So now all dogs have been wormed and it was easy. I put the pills in a blob of home made pimento cheese and they gobbled it up. Done.

View attachment 58946
Dogs love cheese! We had a beagle that never chewed her food so it was easy to give her medicine rolled up in a piece of cheese. Our mutt, Lassie is too smart (I guess that's what we get for naming her Lassie 😂) and she will eat the cheese and leave the pill behind 😂. She won't even go near her bowl if the pill is still in it.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

View attachment 58946

now i'm a bit hongries...

Latest posts