Sentry, Baymule’s Livestock Guard Dog

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sentry is feeling better, but still insists on spending the day in the house. He’s ok with spending the day in a dog crate that’s barely big enough to hold him. He sleeps like he’s dead. :lol:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
The heat has been awful. I’ve made it a point, if I went anywhere, to be home by 11 or 12. I put Sentry in the house, Buford and Sheba in the front yard so they could go under the porch. I think we are done with the 100 plus degree days.

Sentry has a swollen face. I think he got bit by a copperhead. One side of his lip and face is swelled up and it hurts. I’ve given him Arnicare pain pill and a baby aspirin. Tried to give him Benadryl but he refused and fought me on it. Benadryl would help with the swelling but not if I can’t give it to him. He’s in the house, in the dog crate. He’s going to be miserable for about a week. Poor baby.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
The whole side of his face is swollen. I took his collar off, his throat is so swollen. I’ve listened to his breathing to make sure his airway was ok. He’s outside right now, but I’ll bring him in soon.

IMG_5027.jpeg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sentry is better this morning. He allowed me to gently touch his muzzle where he got bit. There is a small blood spot in the middle of the left side of his muzzle. I let him out in the front yard, he got a drink of water and peed. Then he was at the door to come back in.

He has also licked the inside of his left paw. It’s not swollen but I wonder if he got bit twice. He still has a bodacious case of swollen jaw and throat, but at least it doesn’t seem to hurt. He is back in his dog crate, sleeping while I drink my morning coffee.

Latest posts