Shasta Daisies.... anyone "local" care to share? :)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are they the ones that have more of a "feathery" petal?
Yes, they rather are. And they are a form of Shasta daisy -- I didn't know that before -- called Crazy Shasta Daisies.
76273.jpg

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
So sorry for the loss of your furry friend. What a nice remembrance that garden will make. :hugs

We always plant flowering bulbs over our pets' graves. (Just wish DH would remember not to mow them over. SMH...)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Since I do the mowing, that would not be a problem. However, son drove the big farm tractor back and forth over my semi-shady bed yesterday and spouse parked a trailer full of drilling mud on top of one of the sunny perennial beds. Poor things, the perennials are trying hard to come up and the wheels are chewing them back down. Sigh. We have 30 acres! There must be other places they can drive than over my flowers.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh, SweetMissDaisy, so sorry, you must miss not having your dear friend around, after her companionship for all those years. What a nice remembrance for her.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It may be a varietal thing, or a certain period in their bloom cycle.
I had a clump in my little picket garden where I love to sit, and I was constantly checking the bottoms of my shoes. Turns out it was the Shastas, so I moved them to the edge of the lawn. And yes Anna, those are some of what I'm bringing you! :lol:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
It may be a varietal thing, or a certain period in their bloom cycle.
I had a clump in my little picket garden where I love to sit, and I was constantly checking the bottoms of my shoes. Turns out it was the Shastas, so I moved them to the edge of the lawn. And yes Anna, those are some of what I'm bringing you! :lol:
Bringing, not sending! So you 2 will get to meet in person? Oh - I am so ENVIOUS. We (I) want photos of you both. ;)

Latest posts