Shasta Daisies.... anyone "local" care to share? :)

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Thank you, Heather.... it has been a VERY sad week around here. But the highlight of my week was having Thistlebloom stop by today. Lucky for her, I was still in my ratty old tshirt (which I tried to hide under a denim shirt), "house pants" and slippers... we won't mention the time of day she stopped by. At least I'd combed my hair... :)
First, so sorry for your loss! :hugs I have lost many dogs, cats and horses over the years and it never gets easier.
You made me laugh bc living in a rural town I often throw on the worst clothes and work in my garden in them, so a neighbor gets to see ME outside, at my total worst. :p

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi all, I wanted to bring this thread back and say an extra special thank you to ThistleBloom, Steve, and Carol Dee for being a part of Miss Daisy's memorial garden.

I posted a photo on my blog today and will add it here so you can see just how lovely things are looking. There are daisies, iris, forget-me-not, columbine, jacob's ladder, those fuzzy pink things! (ha!), bleeding heart, and a big climbing rose, just to name a few. This area has extra special meaning to me because you shared plants with me. I know I am not as "active" here as some, but I do stop in as I can and try to catch up on forums. Ya'll are a special bunch. :love

6a00d8341c2d2753ef01b8d205b845970c-580wi

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks good Daisy!

I tried to start some hops cuttings for you, but got distracted and forgot to keep them moist. Last time I peeked through my fingers (guilt) I think one or two were desperately clinging to life.

But if you want to give it a try you can come out and take a truck full. They're covering the run completely and running amok in the pines above it!

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes yes yes! :drool
I will be coming back south tomorrow down 41 from Newport ...... Or ANY other day we can make plans I am totally up for it!!!
:celebrate

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I do! I'll ring ya when I'm leaving Newport and get directions. I am planning on leaving Newport about 11:30.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now you two are making us all jealous! Miss Daisy, I loved the peek at your memorial garden. I don't know how I missed this thread last year.o_O

Latest posts