1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Do you eat corn beef - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Show off your Pot...

Discussion in 'Flowers & Roses' started by Lavender2, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Jul 7, 2014
    baymule

baymule Garden Master

Get a solid core tire. Most home and garden stores have them.

Nyboy likes this.
  2. Jul 7, 2014
    Jared77

Jared77 Garden Addicted

Too cool! Thank you!

3. Jul 10, 2014
    Lavender2

Lavender2 Garden Addicted

:) Every time DH sees me using this wheelbarrow he comments on how it would make a better planter, and why don't I use the big wheelbarrow... I guess I'm lucky he does not know it could be worth $50. :D

Some day it will be a planter, but right now the wheels still work just fine, and there's only a small hole. Sentimental value too I guess, it used to be my great aunts wheelbarrow.

Picture 12005.jpg

4. Jul 10, 2014
    thistlebloom

thistlebloom Garden Master

I've never seen an old wheel barrow like that with two front wheels. I like the sentimental value it holds for you. :)

We had to leave my dads old wheel barrow behind when we moved cross country. We just couldn't squeeze one more thing into the truck. It's an old metal contractor type with pipe handles and a solid wheel. Weighs as much as a baby elephant. I remember dad and my brothers hauling endless loads of cement for a gigantic retaining wall dad built with it. We left it with my bil, but he may not still have it. :(

5. Jul 10, 2014
    ninnymary

ninnymary Garden Master

Lavendar, what a beautiful wheel barrow! It's so special when it belonged to someone in your family.

I saw a rustic yellow one that was only $15! I loved it but it was 2 hours away. :(

Mary

6. Jul 10, 2014
    lesa

lesa Garden Master

I have had my great grandmother's wooden wheelbarrow (with a metal wheel) in the garden as a planter for many years. I would say it is time to throw it out. The wood is just too rotten. I will save the wheel and use it for decoration in the garden, but the wood is done. Dh says it is better for me to have wheelbarrows with holes in them. I have a bad habit of filling them and leaving them outside when it rains. Oops! Sometimes I exhaust myself pulling weeds and I just don't have the gumption to wheel the weeds out to the back 40. What can I say?

catjac1975 and thistlebloom like this.
  7. Jul 10, 2014
    digitS'

digitS' Garden Master

8. Jul 10, 2014
    Smart Red

Smart Red Garden Master

That is what I am hoping DS will make for me sometime. I would use a metal wheel though -- just for decoration in the front yard.

9. Jul 11, 2014
    Jared77

Jared77 Garden Addicted

Lesa sounds like you need a garden cart with collapsible side rails and a square codder pin to attach to your riding lawn mower.

That's what I have here and it's a blessing. Trying to work smarter not harder.

10. Jul 13, 2014
    thistlebloom

thistlebloom Garden Master

I finally took some pictures of the 4 containers I did for a client.
    They were planted about 3 weeks later than I would have ordinarily got them in, so they haven't reached their full potential. I'm waiting for the calibrachoa to tumble down the sides, and the coleus to get more height. But this is them in adolescence :D.

I used a lot of the same material in all 4, with a couple of change outs.

These two are mostly full sun, with some bright shade for an hour or two about midday.

joss containers -picket garden 7.14 006.JPG joss containers -picket garden 7.14 009.JPG joss containers -picket garden 7.14 007.JPG joss containers -picket garden 7.14 011.JPG

This one is in deep shade most of the day. The coleus is really wanting to get leggy because it's so dark. I had some white bacopa spilling out of this one, but apparently something broke it. It was all dried up and dead when I got there to water.
    It made a big difference, really brightened up that Obsidian heuchera. But it would have gotten very unhappy there in the dim light anyway.

joss containers -picket garden 7.14 012.JPG

This one is full sun for half a day, then bright shade after that.

joss containers -picket garden 7.14 016.JPG