Show off your Pot...

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I finally took some pictures of the 4 containers I did for a client.
They were planted about 3 weeks later than I would have ordinarily got them in, so they haven't reached their full potential. I'm waiting for the calibrachoa to tumble down the sides, and the coleus to get more height. But this is them in adolescence :D.

I used a lot of the same material in all 4, with a couple of change outs.

These two are mostly full sun, with some bright shade for an hour or two about midday.

View attachment 3502 View attachment 3503 View attachment 3504 View attachment 3505

This one is in deep shade most of the day. The coleus is really wanting to get leggy because it's so dark. I had some white bacopa spilling out of this one, but apparently something broke it. It was all dried up and dead when I got there to water.
It made a big difference, really brightened up that Obsidian heuchera. But it would have gotten very unhappy there in the dim light anyway.

View attachment 3506

This one is full sun for half a day, then bright shade after that.

View attachment 3507
WOW, those look so nice. You have a good eye for color and texture combinations. Your clients should be very pleased.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here are some of DWs pots on the back patio.
image.jpg

We started most of these from seed in Febuary and March.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks Smart Red, DW and I found the plant stand at a Garage sale this spring for $6.00 I thought it was a good buy. She Really likes flower gardening in containers, that picture is really the tip of the iceburg lol.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Collector, I love those bright colors. How big are those pots in the staircase? I have a really hard time with annuals in small pots.

Thistle, those pots are beautiful! Do you start with fresh potting soil every year? How many plants are in each pot and are they in 4" pots when you plant them?

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Collector, I love those bright colors. How big are those pots in the staircase? I have a really hard time with annuals in small pots.

Thistle, those pots are beautiful! Do you start with fresh potting soil every year? How many plants are in each pot and are they in 4" pots when you plant them?

Mary

@ninnymary, sometimes I reuse the soil for two years.

These were planted with fresh super premium (judging by the bag of gold they cost!) soil. When I purchased the soil, the nursery recommended this particular brand since I would be cramming so many plants in together. She told me it was developed for pot growers. Perfect, I thought, I'm growing lots of things in pots! ........ohhhh, THAT kind of pot!

Oh well, it really is very good soil, noticeably better than anything I've ever used before.

Each pot in the top pictures has 6 annuals in 4"pots and two perennials in one gallon pots. I fertilize with Tiger Bloom every other watering.

The bottom picture has 6 4' annuals and one 1 gallon perennial.
it's planted in a 5 gallon bucket that I slid into the pot and is supported inside by an upside down pot.

The middle pic is all crammed into a pot I cut down to fit inside the terra cotta, but I'm not real happy with that one. It's too small and the location is too dark Those plants aren't real happy. I've started pulling the pot into the sun for an hour or so on the days I work there.

Latest posts