SNOW IN TEXAS!!!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I may be funny, but I sure wasn't cold! :lol: My husband kept refilling my bucket with boiling water. When we got through, he suited up and we traipsed around our place, just enjoying the beauty of it all.

Then we came in and I fixed lunch, reheated leftover pork roast, green salad with my own dehydrated Cherokee Purple tomatoes crumbled over it and a fruit salad I made from a Mango, 2 grapefruit, sectioned, a frozen bag of blueberries we picked last summer, unsweetened coconut shreds and pecans.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I DID put warm water into the bird's water bowl this morning, but That was bc I had broken up ice in a bucket and had put that in ahead of time. Those heated dog water bowls are amazing! Even when the temperatures dipped to -15 degrees F, they Still keep it water, even when exposed to the weather and the wind. This morning the bowl was covered with a snow drift and there was still water in it, -5 degrees F this morning.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule you are all dressed up like I do EVERY winter morning to head off to the bus. Dang it is cold when it is below zero with WIND. :( And dark outside to boot . Grrr winter. Yep it id fun and pretty for about TWO days then it is ENOUGH. LOL

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL We got 2" of snow, it was 18 degrees. I suited up this morning to do the boiling water bucket thing. I put on flannel lined blue jeans, a thermal shirt, my sweat shirt my momma bought me in Scotland in 1980 that is so warm that I wear it maybe one day a year. Over that I put on Carhart overalls and my parka. I put a yellow smiley face knit hat on and pulled up the parka hood. I put on my blanket lined leather gloves. Then I lurched outside to meet the elements. :lol::lol:

image-jpeg.5782
You could be mistaken for a Eskimo :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hey Bay, looks pretty over there! We got about the same as you did, 2" or so. It's on the dry side, hard to make a snowman with.

The dam over the pond.

IMG_5535.JPG

The orchard. I still had leaves on my 2 apple trees last week.

IMG_5537.JPG

My garden site. Got to get it finished before planting time starts.

IMG_5542.JPG

The high today was 24. It's supposed to be 65 for the high this Saturday. :ya