SNOW IN TEXAS!!!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
they have closed schools/2-4 delays here already for the storm coming in tonight...long lines at the gas pumps<filled the truck>, grocery stores packed<got beer>..the roads have been brined<people will still travel at 5 over the speed limit> can you say bumper cars.....
and all they are calling for is 2-4"...... this will be a fast dumping storm.

hum i might stay home, not worth getting into a accident....will make some of the hours this weekend yup got to go in and do some maintenance...

edit as of 7pm they are calling for 4-5" now.... very good day to stay home.....

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Supposed to go to 14 degrees tonight, freeze all the roads and be dangerous tomorrow. On the news tonight was a clip of Interstate 20 between Canton and Lindale-a solid line of 18 wheelers with a few unlucky cars thrown in-that can't go anywhere because of the ice on the road. TX-DOT was trying to sand the Interstate so the trucks could move.

Schools closed again tomorrow.

@Carol Dee Texas knows how to throw a SNOW PARTY! Snow, cover everything up, ice all over and we all go out to PLAY! The stupid ones go have wrecks and boost the body shops business. Then, before we are REAL sick and tired of it all, it melts and goes away. Gonna be 65 degrees on Saturday.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It last snowed in 2015, eleven days after we moved in! Then there was 2 ice storms, what a welcome party! So, every few years, a snow party ain't too bad.....especially when it's gone in a few days. But to put up with it for months? :th I WOULD MOVE TO TEXAS!
I better shut up........or everyone will pack up and move! :lol:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
It last snowed in 2015, eleven days after we moved in! Then there was 2 ice storms, what a welcome party! So, every few years, a snow party ain't too bad.....especially when it's gone in a few days. But to put up with it for months? :th I WOULD MOVE TO TEXAS!
I better shut up........or everyone will pack up and move! :lol:
May need to winter with you and the Mr. after I retire ;)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
ramble zone ahead... :)

a bit ago, i was sitting here minding my own business, when there were some lights flashing in the sky. once in a great while you will have thunder and lightning during a snow squall... it must have been all of 12F outside.

my first exposure to snow storm thunder was about 15 years ago. i was coming home after working (i was doing 2 jobs at the time and the 2nd one ended whenever i got things done for the evening which could be anywhere from 1am to 6am) and stepped outside the door and heard this rumble. clouds and snow everywhere, but also some flickers of light and the following rumbles.

when i lived in the greater white north, i've seen snow as early as September 1st and had ice thawing on the lake shore July 4th. cannot remember the latest snow, but sometime in May for sure.

one year up there i also made the mistake of trying to go swimming during and early hot spell (in the canal) and found that about 30 seconds was long enough to cool off to a nice shade of blue shivering wreck.

ok, i also admit that once i've done the sauna and then rolled around in the snow and also jumped in the water through chopped hole in the ice. that wasn't very scary as the time when i went through the ice as a kid, but that was also very interesting when it happened...

i was out walking on the ice in early spring and didn't notice the ice was sinking and water was coming on top. i was in the middle of the pond when i did notice that the area i was walking on was sagging and the water on top of the ice was getting deeper. then it collapsed and i was in water up to my chest, but managed to crawl on the ice and get to shore. was soaked and cold, but the day was warm enough and the walk home wasn't too far that i suffered permanent damage other than my pride.

i haven't thought about that event in many years...

Latest posts