SNOW IN TEXAS!!!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i have to amend my previous remarks...

"
After reviewing several observational datasets, the NWS can confirm the flash and boom was NOT thunder or lightning, but instead a likely meteor. We continue to monitor feeds from astronomical agencies for official confirmation of a meteor. #miwx

— NWS Detroit (@NWSDetroit) January 17, 2018
"

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Supposed to go to 14 degrees tonight, freeze all the roads and be dangerous tomorrow. On the news tonight was a clip of Interstate 20 between Canton and Lindale-a solid line of 18 wheelers with a few unlucky cars thrown in-that can't go anywhere because of the ice on the road. TX-DOT was trying to sand the Interstate so the trucks could move.

Schools closed again tomorrow.

@Carol Dee Texas knows how to throw a SNOW PARTY! Snow, cover everything up, ice all over and we all go out to PLAY! The stupid ones go have wrecks and boost the body shops business. Then, before we are REAL sick and tired of it all, it melts and goes away. Gonna be 65 degrees on Saturday.

this storm has been a hard hitting one in the south, be safe...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
it has arrived...
IMG_0900[1].JPG

it started about an hour ago have around 1/2" winds 7-12 mph.... the latest update is 3-5" here and 4-6" down at work... have been up since 2am<insomnia> watched the repeat of the 10pm news crap they where calling for 5-7"..4am rolled around started to watch the news, we have 3 local channels and cable news... not one had the same forecast, ranging from just a dusting to good luck getting home tonight..
while typing this heard on the tv that there is white out conditions on I-40.... snow day

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
it has arrived...
View attachment 23994
it started about an hour ago have around 1/2" winds 7-12 mph.... the latest update is 3-5" here and 4-6" down at work... have been up since 2am<insomnia> watched the repeat of the 10pm news crap they where calling for 5-7"..4am rolled around started to watch the news, we have 3 local channels and cable news... not one had the same forecast, ranging from just a dusting to good luck getting home tonight..
while typing this heard on the tv that there is white out conditions on I-40.... snow day
A snow day for sure. Stay in and stay safe.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
I-40 at Gallimore Dairy Rd in greensboro....

viewimage.jpeg

7;25 update yes thats cars in the ditch on the right
I-40 Business at Mile Marker 15
viewimage (1).jpeg

i think they forgot to add brine when treating the roads.......

Last edited:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep. :oops:
We're supposed to be closing around 10:00 ... but I'm listening to the guys on the radio and we have a truck stuck in the back right now and they can't figure out how they're going to drag him back onto the road...
I can't leave until he scales out... :(

Latest posts