Some of what I’m growing....

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you can find it it's yours!
I planted it for a client, but I'll give you the address and you can see if you can beat the deer off it. They have eaten every bud and most of the leaves so far this year :hit.
Somehow even at our lot the deer have left the echinacea alone. Rabbits are another problem at the house :(

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you don’t pick off the dead blooms, they quit blooming? I had some but not worth the space for one shot then done.vv

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was a question. IF I had picked the spent flowers, would they have bloomed longer?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you don’t pick off the dead blooms, they quit blooming? I had some but not worth the space for one shot then done.vv

If you keep the spent blooms deadheaded before they start the seed making process it will give you a few more blooms for a little longer, but they aren't like annuals that will keep pumping out blooms until frost shuts them down.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you keep the spent blooms deadheaded before they start the seed making process it will give you a few more blooms for a little longer, but they aren't like annuals that will keep pumping out blooms until frost shuts them down.
Good to know, but I am fascinated by them and will add one to the many other colors we already have :)