ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
1658451060033.png

Translation:
I love weeding
I find it very therapeutic
You might hate it, BUT I find it very satisfying. Pulling out the weed with the roots.
You see...
It's a lot like pulling someone's head off with the spine intact.

Last edited:

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
if you ever get a chance look up "I'm crushing your head!" The Kids in the Hall. it was a comedy series and some of their skits got me laughing pretty hard... :)
I remember that. Though I have a problem remembering which sketches are their and which belong to The Whitest Kids You Know.

But the comic does remind me of something I said when I was younger and got really angry. My parents suggested I take out my anger by beating up a pillow. I responded "No point, pillows can't scream."

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Another funny story from my past.

When I was in early high school (or maybe late middle school), I went to a local show and sale of glass artisans. As I was leaving someone approached me and asked if I wanted to put my name in for the raffle. I said sure, since there were a few glass items among the prizes that looked interesting.

A week or so later, the phone rings and it's the people saying I actually won the grand prize, which turned out to be tickets to a magic show. I thought I was a little old for magic shows by then (and it was one a school night), so with my parents blessing I offered them to the High School Gym Teacher. Here is what I said.

"Mr. Colsey, I won tickets to a magic show that I can't use. By and chance would you want them?"

"Who are they?"

"Oh some group I've never heard of. Calls themselves Penn & Teller."

Needless to say, he accepted.

Latest posts