Somehow, It's Funny that Way

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
zstarch.png

Thought about putting this on the song thread but ... it's close to lunchtime :D!

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's on the level of my ode to a sandwich

"Oh, give me roast beef boys and cheese with holes,
I wanna spread sauce on a rustic roll
and munch away......"

(try singing it)

Actually back in my days on Chowhound, I did a LOT of full length food related song parodies (now, alas, all largey lost to my poor memory and Chowhound shutting down and taking all its archives with it)

There was "Use the Gravy" ("In the Navy") (that one I do in fact still remember, at least the part I actually wrote),

My ode to a massive Chinese meal "And we ate chow fun, fun, fun 'till the waiter took the teabags away."

"Only Borjomi", to the tune of "Only the Lonely" (I'll give you this one, Borjomi is a brand of Georgian mineral water.)

"A Fast Food Eaters Defense" to the tune of "Coal Tattoo" (the Kingston Trio/original Billy Ed Wheeler version, NOT the Dolly Parton one.)

"Soggy Pizza" (to the tune of "Stormy Weather") which is actually still in development and current in my house though I hope I never have to provide TOO much info about that (it relates to a pizza parlor in my area whose pizzas I think are WAY too thin to be cooked that soft. As a New Yorker, I assume that a pizza slice can be picked up by the crust end and bitten. When you try it with THEIRS the slice goes vertical instantly, and everything on top slides off. The problem is, that Pizza place is still in business, and if I ever let it slip WHO I wrote it about, they might have grounds to sue me for defamation.)

That's all the ones I can remember now. Ta.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's on the level of my ode to a sandwich

"Oh, give me roast beef boys and cheese with holes,
I wanna spread sauce on a rustic roll
and munch away......"

(try singing it)

Actually back in my days on Chowhound, I did a LOT of full length food related song parodies (now, alas, all largey lost to my poor memory and Chowhound shutting down and taking all its archives with it)

There was "Use the Gravy" ("In the Navy") (that one I do in fact still remember, at least the part I actually wrote),

My ode to a massive Chinese meal "And we ate chow fun, fun, fun 'till the waiter took the teabags away."

"Only Borjomi", to the tune of "Only the Lonely" (I'll give you this one, Borjomi is a brand of Georgian mineral water.)

"A Fast Food Eaters Defense" to the tune of "Coal Tattoo" (the Kingston Trio/original Billy Ed Wheeler version, NOT the Dolly Parton one.)

"Soggy Pizza" (to the tune of "Stormy Weather") which is actually still in development and current in my house though I hope I never have to provide TOO much info about that (it relates to a pizza parlor in my area whose pizzas I think are WAY too thin to be cooked that soft. As a New Yorker, I assume that a pizza slice can be picked up by the crust end and bitten. When you try it with THEIRS the slice goes vertical instantly, and everything on top slides off. The problem is, that Pizza place is still in business, and if I ever let it slip WHO I wrote it about, they might have grounds to sue me for defamation.)

That's all the ones I can remember now. Ta.
Though of another one (still have to work out lyrics). A song about a person trying to lose weight against his love of Italian desserts called "Tiramisu" (tune of "Runaround Sue.")

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just checked on the English translation of that Italian dessert :D.

It's meaning is just about the opposite of what Runaround Sue did to Dion.

🙃

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just checked on the English translation of that Italian dessert :D.

It's meaning is just about the opposite of what Runaround Sue did to Dion.

🙃
That's sort of like when someone explained the Rick Astley Paradox to me.

To do it, all you do is ask Astley to borrow his copy of the move Up.

He can't do it, because he said he "never gonna give you Up"

By by not doing it he's letting you down, which he ALSO said he'd never do. ;)

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Though of another one (still have to work out lyrics). A song about a person trying to lose weight against his love of Italian desserts called "Tiramisu" (tune of "Runaround Sue.")
I think I have it!

Here's my story, it's sad but true
'bout a sweet Italian good
I fell in love but it made my round
and made gain an extra eighty pounds.

I should have know it from the very start,
The stuff would kill me and would clog my heart.
Ask any well trained fitness guru
They'll say, keep away from tiramisu.

A cup of it put a simile on my face
with it's soft touch and it's creamy taste
But if you don't wanna bloat like I do
Keep away from tiramisu.

I use to guzzle it down
musta order it from each place in town

But that custardy paste
I've got a tum and my tum still grows
Ask any well trained fitness guru
They'll say, keep away from tiramisu.

Interjection (because I don't remember exactly where it goes in the song)

Who-oah, keep away from that stuff,
That creamy goo,
Tiramisu.

And, as a bonus, I have re-created a somewhat simplified version of the Beach Boys one (the original had some puns I really liked, but most relied on knowledge of Chinese dishes that most people wouldn't be familiar with, so I conventionalized it.)

Well, I've got a new girlfriend and In tell you she really is sweet now,
She fills all my life up with new meaning and she makes my existence complete now
But when we go out for a Chinese meal, I tell you, that that girl she can eat now!
Cause she eats chow fun, fun, fun 'till the waiter takes the teabags away.

Well, when see her chowing down like this I find my heart, it really does break now,
She just swallowed so much wonton, it would fill up an entire large lake now,
And now she ordered twelve more eggrolls, I don't know how more if this I can take now!
And she eats chow fun, fun, fun, fun 'til the waiter takes the teabags away.

Char siu, Char Siu-iu-iu-iu,
Red barbecued pork no, red barbecued pork

Trouble, trouble with chopsticks
Can I get a fork? Hey, can I get a fork?

Well, the meal is finally over, feel a calming down inside of my heart now,
But they she just say something that has really given me a bad start now,
She said "Let's come out tomorrow, cause that when they bring out the nibbles cart now.
And we can eat, dim sum, sum, sum till the waiter takes the tea bags away."