Somehow, It's Funny that Way

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220622-052143_kindlephoto-469833656.png

I doubt if the store manager is likely to accept an excuse from the guy stocking the shelves.
;)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
zmusic.jpeg

I woke up from a strange dream this morning. The manager of a business had purchased a record. I was sitting in her office with another person to be interviewed for a job. She showed the record to us and I began to sing. It was a Roy Orbison recording from about 60 years ago :D.

I knew that in my usual deaf way that my singing would be very different from what I remembered and probably sound quite strange to others but who can sing like Roy Orbison?? I thought that it might be rather charming in a funny sort of way and she began to smile. Ah ha! Maybe I will get the job!

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I woke up from a strange dream this morning. The manager of a business had purchased a record. I was sitting in her office with another person to be interviewed for a job. She showed the record to us and I began to sing. It was a Roy Orbison recording from about 60 years ago :D.

I knew that in my usual deaf way that my singing would be very different from what I remembered and probably sound quite strange to others but who can sing like Roy Orbison?? I thought that it might be rather charming in a funny sort of way and she began to smile. Ah ha! Maybe I will get the job!
I had a strange cinema dream a few nights ago like that (a cinema dream is one in which I am simply the observer, rather than a participant, in the dream. It's basically dreaming your watching a movie, or a TV show. I often use them as basis for my stories.)

Basically, it was a version of the tone scene from Close Encounters of the Third Kind (where they are trying to communicate with the ship). The ship sends out some notes, and the player responds. It waits a second then sends out the same series of notes. The player tries again, same result. This goes on for a while, with the player getting more and more confused. Suddenly he gets an odd look on his face, and tries another of notes, slowly. This time the ship responds with a different set of notes, to which the player responds again, somewhat more quicky. The notes between them get faster and faster, until it becomes obvious that what they are playing is the musical part of Dire Straits "Walk of Life". :D