sprouted taters

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No its true if I pick new potatoes and there are littles on it I replant the plant I don do scientific I just do what comes I my head and if it doesn't work no biggy it hasworkedfor me :thumbsup

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
One reason that I wanted to try real early potato varieties when I finally got back to growing them was that I hoped to have 2 crops in the same year.

If I miss one in the ground, it will re-sprout and grow a little before frost. That is the best that can happen in this climate. I've tried moving and replanting, also. They won't have time to produce tubers - not even the most lightning-quick.

You are getting such a jump on my season!

What I'd really have fun with is growing the maximum amount of food in the minimum amount of space. Your growing space is even movable.

Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Look at them go!!! :)
DSCF0357.JPG

DSCF0356.JPG

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not really sure. Last year I was running outside with sheets trying to protect the tomatoes from frost half way through May
... I think it was May.....

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been looking for an excuse to post this map again, Cane'!

It is hard to see and of very limited value (except for comparisons) but if you click the map, you'll go to the Weather Service's Climate Normals for Freeze/Frost:

Go for the 50% chance of 32°f, if you can find a nearby Weather Station.

Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
My 50% is April 10, which matches the map I got from the state extension service. Last year we had snow with accumulation on May 1, with accompanying freeze. The year before it was late March but I don’t remember the exact date.

I’ll plan accordingly.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our theoretical frost free date is April 15, just about the same day I usually spot the first hummingbird.

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The look great!!! :clap Just give them a turn so one side is not bent over (I cant stand lopsided plants :hu) and use warm water when you water them they like to be warm :woot