sprouted taters

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
ha-HA!
Although.... since this whole thing started when a sprouted potato from the supermarket decided to grow last fall instead of compost - so I have NO idea what type of 'tater' it is. It would be interesting ... but probably not real helpful.
I wonder what type of potatoes are usually sold at the grocery??? Just a plain 'ol brown skin, white flesh tater, boil to make mashed potatoes type of tater.
@canesisters , since you are wondering what your potato name is, the old Oscar Meyer song popped in my mind, I started humming the tune, then I just had to go find a potato variety with matching number of letters in it's name. here goes.......and yes, you have to sing it. :lol:

My potato has a first name
It's M-A-G-I-C
My potato has a last name
It's M-O-L-L-Y
I love to eat it every day,
And if you ask me why,
I'll say cause Magic Molly
Has a way with P-O-T-A-T-O-E-S

Potato variety credit goes to: http://www.potatogarden.com/mm5/mer..._Code=PG&Product_Code=77MAM&Category_Code=NSP

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
sHa_clap2.gif

WELL DONE BAY!!!!

sHa_jammin.gif

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope that @the1honeycomb appreciates the trouble she's causing you, Cane'!

Keep 'em close to that window. I don't want you straining your back but tucking them up close will make 'em happy, happy. They can take some cold - right down close to freezing.

Steve

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What! shy digits, I'm only away for a few days and you blame this on me! CAne, your bags look great! and what a jump you have on the rest of the non believers!(digits) LOL Mine are looking about the same what did you plant?? I only plant red and yukon these days that is what the family likes and they don't experiment well!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have no idea what they are. They were some sprouted 'regular old grocery store potatos' from last year that decided to grow instead of compost.
I guess that makes them ROGSPuds.
sSig_rofl.gif

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't wait to get some more picts. Those rog spuds are really growing!! Hope they are good producers.

Hey Honeycomb, didn't you say once that you sometimes re-plant the same plant after picking small potatoes off of it???? Or was that some sort of early morning delusion that I'm remembering??

Latest posts