Thanksgiving Battle

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Annette, your post reminded me of Nancy Zieman's battle with Bell's Palsy, then cancer. Did you know of her? She was a sewing/quilting teacher on PBS for years. Even with the facial paralysis of Bell's Palsy, she bravely kept on teaching and encouraging people through her show and her quilting notions retail business. Anyway....I digress.
Yes, my son's SO does reportedly have thyroid issues, but for some reason doesn't want to take the meds she is prescribed. Maybe side effects? Lots of overlapping issues here, and I thank you, SmartRed, for reminding me that sometimes mourning is dealt with by sleeping. That is one of my go-to escapes, as well.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Annette, your post reminded me of Nancy Zieman's battle with Bell's Palsy, then cancer. Did you know of her? She was a sewing/quilting teacher on PBS for years. Even with the facial paralysis of Bell's Palsy, she bravely kept on teaching and encouraging people through her show and her quilting notions retail business. Anyway....I digress.
Yes, my son's SO does reportedly have thyroid issues, but for some reason doesn't want to take the meds she is prescribed. Maybe side effects? Lots of overlapping issues here, and I thank you, SmartRed, for reminding me that sometimes mourning is dealt with by sleeping. That is one of my go-to escapes, as well.

No I didn't know of her. I am one of the lucky ones, although the right side of my face was paralyzed for a couple of weeks my face returned to normal, well normal for me:lol:, just the slightist drag on one side of my lower lip when I smile. The second time I felt it coming on, they put me on prednisone right away, paralysis never happened.

Annette

Latest posts