Thanksgiving Battle

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I picked just my dad up at 11am he was back in his house 630 pm. He had a really good time never mentioned the dog. He eat a lot had a glass of wine spent time with grandkids and got to see the new house. My sister moved only a week ago she was very busy getting ready for move and did not give my father the attention he used to ( sometimes she calls him 3x a day) she thinks the whole I bring the dog fight was over him not getting all the attention . On the way home all he kept saying was our proud he was of his kids and what a good time he had.:barnie:he
So glad it was a happy day.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I picked just my dad up at 11am he was back in his house 630 pm. He had a really good time never mentioned the dog. He eat a lot had a glass of wine spent time with grandkids and got to see the new house. My sister moved only a week ago she was very busy getting ready for move and did not give my father the attention he used to ( sometimes she calls him 3x a day) she thinks the whole I bring the dog fight was over him not getting all the attention . On the way home all he kept saying was our proud he was of his kids and what a good time he had.:barnie:he
:) :thumbsup

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
As we get older, it gets so much easier not to sweat the little things
Something I like about getting older is that I have a ready and reasonable excuse for when I mess up :D.

"Just because you have a pain doesn't mean you have to be one"
A "very long" lifespan is unusual. I mentioned recently on another of NyBoy's threads that, even with just a normal lifespan and in an "aging society," you arrive at a time that a randomly gathered dozen US citizens off the street will find you as the oldest in the group.

I like that I'm surrounded by young people. I had a friend who spent a month this summer in a nursing home. He seemed almost beside himself, in good spirits. Boy, not me! But, I think he was mostly happy that his health was improving and that he didn't wake up to find himself dead ....

What I came across today and sorta what I'm talking about:

It's Not About the Lettuce

Steve :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Something I like about getting older is that I have a ready and reasonable excuse for when I mess up :D."

So what is it?

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Forgot ...

what was ..?

wage? cage? rampage? stage? Oh yeah!

What was the question, again?

digitS'

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score

Love this! :)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Brother did not show. My sister texted back and forth a million times with him and his gf too. (I would think, hey invitation was put out there, done my part, let it be...o_O) They both said he was "on his way." It made my mom sad, but I was relieved to not have to deal with drama and everything else all in all was a very nice day. Missing some makes me more grateful for the ones still with us. Be in the moment and enjoy.

As far as DB goes, I have heard it said loving everyone is possible, sometimes it is just a matter of spatial management.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
We went to my sister's house for Thanksgiving as we have done since my Mom gave it up many years ago. 2 years ago I held it because her daughter was due with her first baby and my house was much nearer to her and her hospital. I attribute my lovely turkey to stimulating her childbirth a few days early, as she left our house, picked up her bag, and went to the hospital. Her lovely 2 year old daughter added to the fun of the day with all of the other kids. Every body showed up, and a few came for dessert that were a great surprise. Best Thanksgiving in a long line of great ones.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score

I'm so happy it all worked out so well. :)

Latest posts