That blue bottle tread that we all needed but dared not start.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bought a bottle of stuff called Armour Etch. It's a cream and it's very acidic. You have to wear gloves and be careful, but it's not too scary if you just take your time and work carefully. Here's a video from the product's website showing how you use it and rinse it off. They make pre-adhesive stencils just for this, but I used a regular stencil and applied a spray adhesive to the back, stuck it on and went around the edges with masking tape for good measure. You don't want the cream to go under the stencil or over the perimeter or it will all get etched too. This was definitely something to do after the kids were tucked in bed.

Now that I have the hang of it, I am looking for all sorts of things I might do glass etching on. :D

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
This friday when I go grocery shopping, I'm going to look at the color of wine bottles also. I usually just look at the wine I'm looking for. ;)

Over here seems like everyone drinks wine. I bet I could find red or blue bottles. Too bad shipping would be high.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
"I can see it now, a dedicated thread for all the TEGers who went to rack and ruin because of blue bottle projects. We'll start an AGA (Alcoholic Gardeners Anonymous) group. "

Right! A group of enablers such as ourselves would make a great model for AGA. But then, I would never succumb to Blue Bottle Boozing. Alcohol is not my addiction of choice.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
With ya' on that one. If it was up to me to drink a tree full, it would be a loooooong winter! LOL A drink once in awhile is all I want, unless it's a hurricane. Then I want a box of wine (I do have expensive taste, don't I?) and a big pan of brownies. The roof can rip off, trees can fall, it can rain in the house, pass the BOX and gimme another brownie! :lol:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule, don't doubt me. I'll share my wine.
bottle blue.JPG

The brownies you can have all to yourself. I don't do chocolate.

Latest posts