That blue bottle tread that we all needed but dared not start.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is a lot of dead people, Steve! I do kind of like it though!

Seriously. :ep

It's beautiful though. Neat that the bottles are square and stacked so nicely. You don't see too many square bottles. I don't know where you'd come by them otherwise.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought this would be fun on a patio.
wine-bottle-outdoor chandelier.jpg

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It may be a good time to make friends with a mortician...

I have a mortuary right outside my back door. I bet i could have gotten those from the previous owner, but he died a few years back. Now its owned by a conglomerate, who would probably be concerned about hazards or risk of injury if they gave me embalming fluid bottles. :/

Thanks for posting that, Steve! Never heard of it before, but surely i've driven by the area, we'll have to look for it on our next trip north!!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was determined to start my bottle edging project this weekend...and I actually did! I started by trying to dig a trench to put the bottles in- but that didn't work very well. So instead I hammered in a pointy planting stick. That made an opening just the right size for the neck of the bottle,and worked like a charm. The bad news is, I am going to have to do some serious drinking to make it all the way around the garden in question! But, it looks cute!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lesa, I don't think it's bad news to do some serious drinking to collect more bottles. :D Could you ask friends to save some for you? Or do you have winery or tasting room nearby that could save you bottles?

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was determined to start my bottle edging project this weekend...and I actually did! I started by trying to dig a trench to put the bottles in- but that didn't work very well. So instead I hammered in a pointy planting stick. That made an opening just the right size for the neck of the bottle,and worked like a charm. The bad news is, I am going to have to do some serious drinking to make it all the way around the garden in question! But, it looks cute!

Haha! You made me laugh at your serious drinking Lesa! I guess we'll be able to tell when you've been making good progress on your edging by your slurred speech and suppressed giggles huh?

I have so far got 3 bottles out of 16 needed on my moms bottle tree. I have a few waiting for me to remove labels, but I see a long wait to get it finished.
I don't drink so I'll have to show some creative initiative to get the thing done.
My sister dumpster dives at the recycle bin at the dump....ours doesn't recycle glass anymore though, so I'm off the hook there!

I read a suggestion somewhere that Pier 1 has colored bottles, but I haven't checked it out yet.