The Any Wonderful Food You Made From Your Garden Today Thread!

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am making steaks tonight (not from the garden, but from the nice farmer up the road!), but I'm going to have a lovely spinach salad with carrots & radishes from the garden, and I'm going to see how the sweet potatoes taste (even tho I just dug them last weekend, and I KNOW they haven't cured properly) by making sweet potato fries. Yummmm.... :D

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Pickled 17 QT of carrots yesterday! Mom and I found some old blue Ball jars (even a few old 2 qt ones with those funy old lids) in grandma's basement (we're talking about 150 old jars just lined up on shelves around the whole basement) so we hauled out as much as we could carry in 2 trips and cleaned them up. The others can wait. We filled up them jars and brined those babies up. Not a one didnt seal :)

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
sparkles2307 said:
Pickled 17 QT of carrots yesterday! Mom and I found some old blue Ball jars (even a few old 2 qt ones with those funy old lids) in grandma's basement (we're talking about 150 old jars just lined up on shelves around the whole basement) so we hauled out as much as we could carry in 2 trips and cleaned them up. The others can wait. We filled up them jars and brined those babies up. Not a one didnt seal :)
Pickled carrots are the best!!! It would be so delightful to have a bunch of those vintage jars filled with good eats..You did good!!:thumbsup

FarmerDenise

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I am going to saute some zucchini, peppers, onions and garlic and serve them with macaroni and cheese and a slice of ham.
We still have loads of zucchini, peppers and tomatoes. I am canning a batch of pureed tomatoes tonight also.

Those pickled carrots sound great.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have not been cooking much lately (that is how everyone knows I am not in a good way ..I stop cooking :p ) but perking up a bit and felt the need to do something wonderful just to have on hand so I slow cooked some home made beef and cabbage borscht after visiting the Ukrain market I had the urge to go all Easter European/Russian on my kitchen ..no beets sadly ...I had only one cabbage ready so I added broccoli rabe, and a few kinds of kale to the mix ...and used my roasted tomatoes that I had tossed in the freezer last month lots of fresh garlic instead of onions

slow cooked to oblivion

it is to die for I had a big bowl for breakfast

anyone else eat soup in the morning ?..I think Hattie does ;)

I can not imagine a better way to start the day other than with a huge bowl of home made soup

it felt good to cook ..I am looking forward to feeling like doing more of it again soon I hope ..we have subsisted on our fresh foods but with very little effort

I miss "effort" badly!

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I made a quick and easy eggplant creole with the last of my fairytale eggplants I grew. I sauted onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, garlic and the eggplant until soft and then added a can of diced tomatoes. For spice I put black pepper and cayenne pepper, basil, oregano, salt and bay leaf. Then I will serve over rice.

jen4

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I just had a yummy omelet (with our fresh eggs) and some leftover oven roasted squash, zucchini, peppers plus cheese and hot sauce.

Last nights dinner...
chicken noodles
oven roasted squash, zucchini, peppers (frozen, from the garden)
oven roasted green beans (frozen, from the garden)
mashed sweet potatoes (we just dug them up over the weekend, good)

FarmerDenise

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I made frittata last night. Using peppers, onion, garlic and zucchini from the garden, eggs from our chickens and storebought cheese.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
beer can chicken and a huge pot of beet greens cooked in wonderful cultured butter

it is already made (last night when I got home so it is not officially made today but thank goodness for thinking ahead this week because I am exhausted and it is only half way through my work day

I just love greens :) they are my soul food!

wow every year I am stunned at how busy we are from September to March ..I think I am just getting older and do not want to work so hard maybe???

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Making another batch of butternut squash soup for dinner tonight. I love that stuff! Hope DH does...I'll be making lots of it this winter!

Latest posts