The Community Garden Project - The Easy Garden Community WEIGHS In!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
How in the heck do you price dandelion flowers? :D

I picked half of a walmart bag full. I want to make wine.
I don't think you can wife... I don't know anyone who would pay for them. I like watching their little flower heads popping off while I'm mowing *evil laugh*

:gig

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
I'm having a little trouble keeping track of my harvest. Since it's just my husband and I, I usually will pick just a few lettuce and spinach leaves. It's not nearly the amount that is sold in bags.

So how do I count/price that?

Thanks
Mary
Here's a suggestion.

How many salads do you get out of a bag of lettuce mix at the store? 4-5? Figure that out, and after you've had 4-5 salads with the lettuce leaves price it out as 1 bag of salad mix. So just do the tick mark system and when you hit 5 price 1 bag. How's that sound?

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
vfem said:
wifezilla said:
How in the heck do you price dandelion flowers? :D

I picked half of a walmart bag full. I want to make wine.
I don't think you can wife... I don't know anyone who would pay for them. I like watching their little flower heads popping off while I'm mowing *evil laugh*

:gig
couldn't you just price it as if they were the greens from the plant? i know they sell the greens in my area!

SoyBean

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
This sounds like fun. I haven't purchased a single thing for a garden this season yet. I wasn't sure if I was going to attempt one since I did so poorly last year.

I'm one of those "average joes". I only have the back deck of my townhouse. I can't plant anything in the yard since the soil won't grow anything, so I'm restricted to pots for now (I can't afford to put in raised beds.)

I'm not sure what I am going to plant this year, but I will update as I begin starting seeds and putting them in pots and such.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You should do fine Soy! Right now, there is no where to go but UP! :D

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Today I harvested 20 oz of strawberries and 6 oz (2 small heads) of Bok Choy.

I found the strawberries to be on sale at my local grocer for $3 a lb. So mine would be $3.75. However, I know of no one locally that carry bok choy in the market. Does anyone have a price for this in your area?

Thanks!

Latest posts