The Community Garden Project - The Easy Garden Community WEIGHS In!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
wait! i get 'poof' tomatoes every year! they are just the tomatoes that magically appear from the previous year's dropped and missed.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
heh :yuckyuck

i've had that before too! :p i just got back from the local big box lumber store and came home with wood for making my raised bed/containment area for my herbs. spent about $38 to make 3 beds that will be 3'x6'. i'll eventually be going back to get some more as the summer goes on and i expand what comes into the yard/house. :lol:

i really need to get a pic of my back yard since it is a blank slate to work with for landscaping & gardening. the only thing i've had the past 2 summers going in the backyard is my veggie garden and a huge forsythia bush. and, of course, my chicken coop!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Anyone add any harvests to their sheets yet?!

I've also decided... have you seen the prices on fresh herbs at the market?! WOW! I'm going to start collecting those as sprigs and keeping track of that now. Thyme, rosemary, basil and oregano I can find at any store here and will be easy to track.

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am keeping track of the fresh herb usage. At Walmart a little tiny packet is almost $4!

I had at least $8 worth in the chive dip I made over the weekend!
:gig

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
I am keeping track of the fresh herb usage. At Walmart a little tiny packet is almost $4!

I had at least $8 worth in the chive dip I made over the weekend!
:gig
Oh yes! I had made an italian herb dip the other day... I could just imagine my husband's face if I told him I BOUGHT the herbs fresh. He would have died! :lol:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm having a little trouble keeping track of my harvest. Since it's just my husband and I, I usually will pick just a few lettuce and spinach leaves. It's not nearly the amount that is sold in bags.

So how do I count/price that?

Thanks
Mary

DawnSuiter

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
HEY!!! Long time not type!! Been busy busy of course outside :)
I'm still only harvesting radish, mixed leaf lettuce, baby spinach and just today some arugula. Strawberries are turning red as I type this and one of my tomatoes has already begun to flower! :) Only one seed type refused to sprout, multicolored bell peppers, and as of today everything is at least started for summer sans corn!

Spent/Saved
$210 /$21

I'm just keeping notes here on my website

Mary - If I only pick 1/2 a bags worth, I just note it like that. I don't know yet how I'll measure ALL my crops, but for the salad greens I measure by what fills a 1 gallon ziplock bag.

So maybe you could just go out and pick half a bag, or pick a quart size bag full? Whatever is easiest for you!! I started out by how many salads we were eating, but the harvest quickly became more than we could eat so i had to find an alternative. So maybe just that... 1 salad or two salads.. you know how much that is for you after all.

:)

babymakes6

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I got my first harvest today! I don't know what prices are at the store right now, but I will try to check next time.
I got: 1 1/2 lbs. rhubarb
1/4 lb. asparagus
4 green onions

:clap

Latest posts