Theseedobsesser is the BOMB!

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Would that make me a Northern Southern gentleman, Bay? :cool:

Not the safest place for bike's here Marshall (unless it has a motor). We have a bunch of crazy rednecks that like speeding down the road with they're quads. I do like hiking through the woods but there's no way I'm going out here until the white turns to green!

The bomb? I sure hope that it doesn't explode!

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is awesome, 8 years to find the seeds, my fingers and toes will be crossed for you. (I'll only uncross them if I have to start an IV, lol lol lol )

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
ANNOUNCING __ __ __ there are now 4 CLOUDBERRY seeds that have fallen to the bottom of the bleach/water mixture. This development is doing a lot to reassure me of their viability.

I reread the directions that BILL sent. The next step is not refrigerator, but 70 degree (F) temperatures. I have thermometers in different places through the rather cool house seeking the spot with the proper temperature. I have found one place that is 72 degrees -- my bathroom is right over the furnace. We keep the house much cooler, but that room is too warm in the winter and chilly in the summer with the A/C running. Hopefully, the thermometer in the tub, the dryer, or the cupboard will read a couple of degrees lower and be ideal for the seeds to rest and consider their germination process.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
The directions say leave them in for 7 days. So far it has been 63 hours and 35 36 37 minutes.

I always found that floating is not a good sign for seed viability, but I just looked at the container. With less than 3 days of floating, almost all the seeds now resting on the bottom. Only three seeds are still afloat in the solution.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today is day seven for my CLOUDBERRY seeds. All the seeds have fallen to the bottom of the solution and are ready for planting. My wonderful, super-special, perfect DH shoveled a path to the chicken coop and spent quite a bit of time opening the garden shed door that had frozen shut. Isn't he great? That's where I keep my bags of peat moss.

Now I have plenty of peat moss for my CLOUDBERRY seed planting today. I am putting three seeds in each styrofoam cup filled with a mixture of damp 1/2 potting soil and 1/2 peat moss. They will rest in my bathroom for a month. I'm thinking it shouldn't matter, but with February being a short month, I'll give them until the 28th for a total of 30 days.

Still excited and walking on air.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
You'll see when it happens. I'll send baby announcements to all the gardening friends here at TEG and lots of pictures!
And because I am a science teacher, they will pop out of the soil not the dirt. Sorry!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am a teacher. At the grade school level that means I taught math, science, reading, language, social studies, spelling, current events, art, music, technology, and even a week of sex ed each year. Reading and language are close to my heart, but math and science are my favorite classes to teach.

I have 1/2 peat and 1/2 potting soil. With a bit of coffee grounds added that should be pretty acidic. I also have a very diluted acid fertilizer for once the plants are growing. I will add ground oak leaves and pine needles to their first outside home.

Latest posts