This is Luke

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Awesome! I haven't ridden for 2 years due to health reasons, but I hope to improve and am actually taking a job as an equestrian center manager at the end of this summer. It means moving and leaving TheMan in Oregon, but he promises to follow when he retires. My cowpony, Wimpy, and 23 year old Mister will be coming with me. I hope they like it as much as I know I will!View attachment 26837

Somehow along the way I lost touch with you Kim. :(
It's really good to see you here, and to hear that you will be working with horses again is fantastic.
I'm very happy for you and pray that your health improves so you can ride regularly again.
And do other life stuff too, I just thought of the important things first. :p

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
A week and a half ago I adopted a mustang mare. It was totally unexpected, but I blame my husband. I won't go into the details of that, but he never stops surprising me, even after 40 years.

I went with some friends to a mustang adoption event in Montana. My friend had a mare picked out which had recently been saddle broke by an accomplished mustang trainer she knows and who was going to be auctioned at this event.

They also had the wild ones in pens for silent auction. A little bay mare caught my attention and I visited her pen often and watched her closely.
I promise I was being good and not planning on taking anything home (for once!). I just liked that mare and enjoyed sizing her up.

How I first saw her at the event. It rained all stinking day long.

20180623_112017.jpg
Anyway, long story short, she went for T.I.P. training to the mustang trainers and will be coming home in a week or so. He will train her to halter, tie, pick up all 4 feet and load and unload in a horse trailer.

Her a week ago at the trainer in MT. She hadn't been touched yet.
20180625_113512.jpg

I spoke with the trainer yesterday and so far she has been haltered, tied, led around
(she leads well ) and loaded and unloaded in the trailer. She is defensive, but not mean he says, and a little more of a challenge than he at first expected.
She is 3 and was captured in the Rock Creek HMA in Nevada. I wonder if @valley ranch is familiar with that area?

Luke doesn't know yet. This was Sunday, I rode him to a friends who needed me to water her garden while she was gone.

20180701_153715.jpg

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Will you break her for riding or will she just be companion to Luke

Assuming we are a good fit, and I have no reason so far to think we may not be, she'll become my main rider. Luke has been exhibiting some suspicious signs in his feet that might affect his soundness, so in a few years he might be retired.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i know the frustrations, my one good knee decided to get mad at me this spring and it's taking a while to recover. i've got way too much to do waiting for me.

hope your knee heals up (heels up) ok. :)

today is first cool day in a while and i'm hoping to accomplish something...

Latest posts