Weather Where You Are

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was happy to see that the local forecast Steve passed along was incorrect. No snow this morning, partly sunny and a light breeze. My husband and I went for a bike ride and it was very pleasant. We came home and started clearing trees and running the chipper. The wind picked up, the temperature dropped from near fifty to thirty nine, the clouds hid the sun and a few flakes drifted down. Then it was blowing a gale and we had a mini blizzard going on! So crazy!
I came in to get warm, and now the sun is shining again.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good that you had a half a day and were back home before the mini blizzard swept in @thistlebloom .

I saw that Helena Montana will be 11°f by morning and that they will have 3" of snow by then. Helena has always interested me. It's such a small town for a state capital and so much up in the mountains - 3800 feet.

Reading just now from the mid-February communications by Homeland Security medical people and one doctor talking about Mann Gulch outside of Helena and the forest fire that killed the firefighters years ago -- How that was likely to be scenario when Covid-19 arrived. I'd like to visit the headwaters of the Missouri River but that would be too sad of a place.

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our Kid#1 left today to go down to McCall where he is stationed for Helitac. I looked up the Mann Gulch story but couldn't bring myself to read about it.
Our son was almost going to take a job on a Helitac rappel crew in MT but opted for the one in McCall (just Helitac, no rappel). We probably won't see him again until the season ends in October. Makes my heart heavy.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh dang.

I didn't think about your son, the fire fighter. Is he the one who also works on the ski slopes?

We learn from disasters and crisis and plagues. That was a lesson that is still referred to by those who are charged with protecting American life.

Steve

Yes, he's the one. The past two winters he's been working in a welding shop fabricating building projects.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Missouri!

How are you doing today?

@ChickenMomma91 ? @so lucky ? @dickiebird ?

And, where are those terrible storms headed?

Steve
In SE Missouri, it's cool, cloudy and right now in between storms. We had rain after midnight and expect more this evening. High winds, all the rain, lightening, etc.
We had a few really nice days earlier in the week. I have only gotten onions, kale and broccoli out in the garden. Not a lot of growing happening yet.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Personally, I choose to put the "no" in snow. Unfortunately, the weather man chose to use "now" instead.❄ Fortunately, this April snow storm will be expending most of its wrath North of my location.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Personally, I choose to put the "no" in snow. Unfortunately, the weather man chose to use "now" instead.❄ Fortunately, this April snow storm will be expending most of its wrath North of my location.

i'm looking out the window at some snow coming down. just a small squall. the next four evenings are below freezing with one forecast down to 24F. so, yeah, a bit too early to be doing much planting still...

Latest posts