Weather Where You Are

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been worried for you Nyboy. The weather reports on GMA are astoundingly horrible. The I95 generated so many accidents up and down the seaboard. I'm glad you stayed at the shop.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
The weather has been about 5 degrees below normal most of the month... but fortunately, most of the snow has gone around us. Hard to believe many places South have had more snow thus far than we have. The indoor humidity dropped down below 40%, it usually doesn't get that dry until December. 40% humidity is my trigger to package all of the seed that was left on trays until now to dry, so everything has now been inventoried & put into storage. Now I can turn on the humidifier, before it gets even drier & my lungs begin to shrivel. :th

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
The weather has moderated to more normal, highs in the 50's today and tomorrow. Clear today, so I am finishing my upstairs dormer windows trying Very HARD not to break any. DH and I are getting an estimate soon to replace with vinyl, probably next April. I KNOW some folks would say to do it now, BUT Christmas shopping and other normal bills interfere, so the Spring makes more sense. We go back to below 32 degrees F for the highs on Monday. I am having a Real sense of accomplishment. With old houses if you fix instead of replace nobody makes a manual, so you have to puzzle it through. Looking funny taking a swiffer wet mop to the Outsides of (Some of) the inside wooden windows, but ONLY on the ones that really have dirt. The rest are left with some smears.
NEXT year I will buy that stuff that you attach to your hose and spray them clean from the ground. The cost is justified. I RE-MEM-BER the posts of BYC of the $300.00 coops built by non-builders that turned in $3K ER visits!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee ...

Are you driving in lots of snow, today!

:confused:

Steve
School has a snow day, I am going NOWHERE today.
003.JPG

About p m.m. last night
015.JPG

12 inch total here
038.JPG

DH and #2 son plowing and blowing out new neighbors drive. (A single Mom with 2 kids at home)

Latest posts