Weather Where You Are

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have had 1/3" of rain with plenty more on the way. ... well, plenty for here ... Our November total just might reach 3" by the end of the week.

Snow? Maybe on Saturday to finish with a little mixing before. It's too warm for snow down here at 2,000 feet, 41°f here at 6:30 with a predicted hi of 45°. Short thermometer!

@buckabucka , Schweitzer Mountain has a forecast for 10" of new snow, this week.

Steve

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
When you replace your original windows store them some where. Next owner might want to put them back
I don't think so. I will try to take some pictures of the spot repairs that I have made over the years. These are (probably) 100yo oRIGINAL windows, that nobody really cared for. ALL of the 1st story windows that had rope and weights no longer have them. When the old glass breaks it Shatters, and every window that I have had to repair has needed glazing. They are just falling apart.
I like my DD's windows. Their home is 1920's and the vinyl windows look really nice, plus they don't leak.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Speaking of weather, I lost a hen yesterday who hadn't finished molting. We went from 50's to under 32 for highs, with a windstorm and damp cold. These ups and downs are really hard for them. Hard for ME, too. I spent Sunday night with a flu, OR food poisoning when emptied me out from 1:30AM to 11:30AM. Couldn't keep down tea or ginger ale until it was out of my system. Glad that I had cleaned the stalls Sunday morning bc the horses still need to be turned out. Fortunatly for Them they had warm and dry for 2 days.
It will be...get this...62 for a high on Saturday!! TOO much of a roller coaster!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't think so. I will try to take some pictures of the spot repairs that I have made over the years. These are (probably) 100yo oRIGINAL windows, that nobody really cared for. ALL of the 1st story windows that had rope and weights no longer have them. When the old glass breaks it Shatters, and every window that I have had to repair has needed glazing. They are just falling apart.
I like my DD's windows. Their home is 1920's and the vinyl windows look really nice, plus they don't leak.
Ducks sorry your wrong go to garden web then old house section ask about orginal 100 year old windows you will be surpized

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
With your hoped for rain, @ninnymary , keep an eye on Chico and the Camp Fire area.

I know that trees are more likely to fall with saturated soil. I wonder about fire-damaged trees falling. But anyway ... flash floods.

!!! !

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Speaking of weather, I lost a hen yesterday who hadn't finished molting. We went from 50's to under 32 for highs, with a windstorm and damp cold. These ups and downs are really hard for them. Hard for ME, too. I spent Sunday night with a flu, OR food poisoning when emptied me out from 1:30AM to 11:30AM. Couldn't keep down tea or ginger ale until it was out of my system. Glad that I had cleaned the stalls Sunday morning bc the horses still need to be turned out. Fortunatly for Them they had warm and dry for 2 days.
It will be...get this...62 for a high on Saturday!! TOO much of a roller coaster!
Hello Ducks, We got 12 inches of snow from that system. AND COLD. Now they predict in the 40's with heavy rain for the weekend. Oh Dear. What a mess and no place for rain and melting snow to go.( Ah Iowa winters ) :(

Latest posts