Weather Where You Are

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve @digitS' a few pics from this a.m.
100_3399.JPG
100_3410.JPG
100_3401.JPG

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had a snowstorm here yesterday afternoon. I was outside and saw a single fat flake glide by. Hmm, how cute, it's trying to snow. It had just been a sunny blue 30 minutes earlier. Then, boom!, practically a whiteout with the wind swirling and blowing horizontal. Clear sky overnight and 10 degrees f. here this a.m..
The mud in the horse pens is frozen into sole bruising clods. 😒

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had a snowstorm here yesterday afternoon. I was outside and saw a single fat flake glide by. Hmm, how cute, it's trying to snow. It had just been a sunny blue 30 minutes earlier. Then, boom!, practically a whiteout with the wind swirling and blowing horizontal. Clear sky overnight and 10 degrees f. here this a.m..

brr! 10F already! eek!

Prairie Rose

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It was cold and damp today, high in the low forties. I spent all day outside in my pajamas helping a friend with an animal emergency, and it's the sort of cold that just seeps into you. Rain coming in tomorrow, and a few counties north of here have a winter weather advisory. We're supposed to get 1-2 inches of snow thursday, depending on the weather station.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score

Same here, looked like a blizzard.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it's raining here and the weather looks like going to do a lot more rain this coming week. some snow in the forecast, but nothing too crazy as of yet. still we really have no need at all of more rain.

Overnight
Rain. Steady temperature around 38. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Wednesday
Rain. High near 44. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Wednesday Night
Rain. Steady temperature around 42. North northeast wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Thursday
Rain. High near 42. North northeast wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Thursday Night
Rain, possibly mixed with snow showers. Low around 31. Blustery, with a west wind 17 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around 2 inches.
Friday
Scattered snow showers before 8am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
Saturday
A chance of rain and snow showers before 9am, then a chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41.
Saturday Night
A chance of snow showers between 7pm and 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 41.
Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
Monday
Cloudy, with a high near 46.
Monday Night
A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 37.
Tuesday
A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 46.

Last edited:

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm in San Jose CA all week. It took ex and I a loooooonnnnggg time to bypass the closed freeways on Sunday due to the fires. Even I5 was closed in Sacramento due to a grass fire. We had to take the back way several times to get here from Medford OR.

I'm at Mother's and brother's house (split time) and neither of them have lost power. But a lady who's rental home I manage in Medford hasn't had power since Saturday 5 p.m. and she's in San Jose proper. Her entire refrigerator had to be dumped out. She's 86 and was not looking forward to that job. I offered to help but she declined.

At home, I've read that the night lows were 27 and 29, so its cold there! No rain in sight either thru mid November...ugh.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Snow on Halloween, overnight flurries, temperatures down to mid 20's Saturday morning. I am digging up all of my geraniums and camping them upstairs tomorrow. HAD to go into town, today, car "engine check" came on and DH panicked, so I had to follow him in. I am going to cover my Brussels Sprouts and my bed with the beets and radishes tonight. I WILL need to build a box around my Brussels Sprouts first thing tomorrow morning. Yesterday my friend went into town with me. He had to use up some of his vacation time, so he is taking the whole week, and will be at school tomorrow for Halloween stuff with his grade school DD's. He is helping me with gutters. I need an after picture, BUT he helped me fix the drain from the gutter on the SE side of the barn, when it NOW drains directly into the cistern below ground, like it is SUPPOSED to do, but hasn't for a good year now. We bought gutter screws so it is all secured. He also repaired my drains around the house, and THOSE have been messed up for Years, now. Still have to Clean my house gutters. The two barn's gutters will have to wait. We bought the wrong clips, so that will get down sometime in the next month.
I am going to winterize the windows on the 2nd floor in the next week, then hit the ones on the 1st floor. The basement windows really don't get opened, except for two of them, so their storm windows are intact for the winter. Last Fall, I jury rigged insulation, Flex Seal tape and other stuff, put up an insulated curtain on the inside, so no drafts from the large window AC. The house came with a very large 2 pane storm window that hangs on the porch side on the LR window, and cleaned that and hung that last weekend. It also has a hook right outside the LR inside window, in between the 2 panes. TOTALLY keeps out drafts.

Last edited:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
You have snow, @Carol Dee , and @ducks4you is setting out Brussels sprouts?

Okay, I understand that they will be protected. And, I'm the guy who seldom has garlic in the garden and has yet to drop a single spinach seed to overwinter a plant. Still! What was it? My temporary hoophouse, set up in March, has collapsed 3 different times under snow!

We had 40mph wind gusts and graupel, yesterday afternoon. There may be snow on the ground but it's dark out there right now! (When will this infernal Daylight Savings time end 😒?) Understand that the temperature is well into the teens Fahrenheit ...

Steve 🧦
I am building them a cover and crossing my fingers.

Prairie Rose

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Woke up to a thin layer of snow this morning, with a very thin layer of ice underneath. it is still snowing, but supposed to stop around noon. maybe 3/4 of an inch here at home total, two at work before it stops.