Weather Where You Are

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The fog has gone :)

It's frosty but at least we can see the sky
Nothing could be seen for days.
I went for a short walk a few days back and came home with blocked sinuses and a thick head. I really don't like fog at all.

There was a thick cloud a couple of miles away I thought it was going to miss us, which was a little optimistic because within an hour that cloud wafted over to us and we're smothered in thick fog.

The weather report this morning said that it's 2 but feels like 0.

20201201_081731.jpg

Last edited:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Region 6, USA, Long Term Forecast
ANNUAL WEATHER SUMMARY
NOVEMBER 2020 TO OCTOBER 2021

Winter temperatures will be much above normal, on average, despite cold periods in early and mid-December, from late December into early January, in early to mid-January, and in late January. Precipitation will be near normal. Snowfall will be below normal in most areas, with the snowiest periods in early and mid-December, mid- to late February, and early to mid-March. April and May will have near-normal temperatures, on average, with precipitation a bit above normal in the east and below normal in the west. Summer will be warmer and rainier than normal in the east but cooler and drier in the west. The hottest periods will be in early June, from late June to early July, and in mid-August. September and October will be cooler than normal, with precipitation a bit above normal in the east and below normal in the west.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our 3/4" of snow mostly melted during a windy afternoon.

It was kinda funny that I noted the littlest pile of snow at the corner of the driveway from 11/23, I believe it was, when I was pulling out the garbage can before this storm began. It was about enough to make a snow ball.

Something of a tedious month, November was. Warmer than normal and with several little snow storms that slooowly melted. Days of cloudy weather - and this trend may continue but sunshine is in the forecast with some cooling. It may be that the snow in the shade won't need to be piled to still be there in about a week when the next little storm is predicted.

Don't get me wrong. It's easier on this olde fella for the weather to be like this! Easier for drives. I couldn't do quite good enuf with the broom yesterday and needed the shovel on the walkways but likely had my 30 minutes of exercise between the two. Hope that there is no ice out there right now since it's 24°f (-4°C).

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was 25°F this morning and 35°, this afternoon.

Yesterday, it was 17° in the morning and 30° in the afternoon. I'm complaining! But, not really about the temperature. The 3/4" of snow that fell on the 30th is still hanging around in the shade but now covered with hoarfrost. There should be a little more snow tomorrow afternoon. I wonder what an up-close look at a few flakes covering the hoarfrost would be like in a photo. I'll have to think about light and whether I want to lay down in it ;).

No! I'm complaining that it was too dark to see outdoors at 4:30 this afternoon! Clouds kept the sun from making an appearance all day. There was a little orange in the West and then ... night fell ...

Steve :(