What are you eating from the garden today?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
This was actually a few days ago but I'm still working on the casserole.

Roasted one of last year's roosters and made a HUGE squash and onion casserole from some of the last of this year's yellow squash.
squash & onion cass.jpg

The rooster turned out really dry so he got shredded up and turned into enchiladas.
I didn't want to wait for rice to cook so I shredded up the last 2 squash and stirred them in the mix instead.
rooster re-do.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_20160801_154441.jpg
digitS' earliest (Sugar Buns) about a week ago, now harvesting.

Sweet corn! The first tender ears and ... they are small. Every plant seemed to want to outdo itself and produce 2 or 3 ears. I don't remember ever having had plants try for 3 ears. Seems like some gardeners remove extra ears but I'm not sure.

Shoot. When I lived at a higher elevation it was all I could do to grow diminutive varieties and have sweetcorn just before first frost.

Steve

Last edited:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Blueberries and garlic, but not together.

Oh, and one small tomato. I know if I admit where I got it I will feel better. I swiped it from one of the kids plants while I was watering.
:hide I am so bad...
Oh that is terrible! Just as bad as me sneaking in a strawberry when they are not looking. haha

Mary

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits I miss my mothers stuffed peppers!! Do you stuff yours with rice or meat ?

Meat, but my mother used rice and meat and it is close to this recipe, but this recipe has corn and I used it years ago and DS actually liked it, so I have kept it and DD came running home from work - IS IT DONE YET? She loves it and wanted one leftover so she could take to lunch today, but I think they would also like the rice and meat.

Latest posts