What are You Eating from the Garden?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have reached the "this garbage can is really heavy!" stage of the year ..

. with all the corn cobs coming out of the kitchen 😋.

Lunch today was sliced cucumber, breaded eggplant, sauteed sweet peppers, green beans with sausage, 3 ears of sweetcorn, and ..

. a popsicle ;)

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have reached the "this garbage can is really heavy!" stage of the year ..

. with all the corn cobs coming out of the kitchen 😋.

Lunch today was sliced cucumber, breaded eggplant, sauteed sweet peppers, green beans with sausage, 3 ears of sweetcorn, and ..

. a popsicle ;)

Steve

i hope you bury those cobs! we don't eat that much corn on the cob here but when we do i chop up everything and put it through the worm farm, the worms seem to find the cobs very good eating and will treat the holes through the center of cobs as they are breaking down as playground equipment.

i posted my "what are you eating..." post in the other thread... oops.

a popsicle for a pop. :)

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Once upon a time, it's a plain, boring frozen pre-made Pretzel, 9 pieces for 1.2Euro.

After adding some Mozzarella cheese, bacon, homegrown cherry tomatoes, basil and chili, it's something totally different.
29826.jpg

This is my favorite bread for quickly making a pizza, outside crunchy and inside soft. Almost effort-free.
29824.jpg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Measily harvest from a few cucumbers, BUT, tomatoes are coming in, and they are HUGE, AND my sweet corn. I guess the cobs could have ripened a little bit more, but I can see that I will be blanching and freezing sweet corn this weekend for the winter!
ALSO, I cut up and froze 1 1/2 quart bags of okra yesterday and that was 1/2 of it. It is growing in a "U" around the rectangular cement cistern top, so I stopped midway, south side, where I planted some pumpkins.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I picked the first of our Thai long green beans, finally! We are not eating them, I gave them away. We have a friend that likes to fish. So we trade the Cornish Cross chicken meat, pound for pound, for catfish. We traded him a whole chicken from the freezer. His kids said they wanted to have a mini Thanksgiving meal with it. That was touching and so sweet. So we gave him 2 dozen eggs, enough Painted Mountain corn meal for 2 batches of cornbread and our first Thai long beans.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I picked the first of our Thai long green beans, finally! We are not eating them, I gave them away. We have a friend that likes to fish. So we trade the Cornish Cross chicken meat, pound for pound, for catfish. We traded him a whole chicken from the freezer. His kids said they wanted to have a mini Thanksgiving meal with it. That was touching and so sweet. So we gave him 2 dozen eggs, enough Painted Mountain corn meal for 2 batches of cornbread and our first Thai long beans.
Awww :love I wanna be your neighbor ~

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Picked my first Petit Gris de Rennes. It was a little hard kneeling on my raised bed and then stretching to try to smell it to see if it was ripe. Lol. Last year they were over ripen. This one was perfect and sooooo sweet and delicious!

Mary

Attachments

• 26BC0BF1-1A73-4D1B-A731-DE4D729B8D70.jpeg
    26BC0BF1-1A73-4D1B-A731-DE4D729B8D70.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 6078EF5A-1786-42FA-9E48-95854889AE59.jpeg
    6078EF5A-1786-42FA-9E48-95854889AE59.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 101

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Picked my first Petit Gris de Rennes. It was a little hard kneeling on my raised bed and then stretching to try to smell it to see if it was ripe. Lol. Last year they were over ripen. This one was perfect and sooooo sweet and delicious!

Mary

that looks delicious indeed! :)

today we just had some of squash i thawed out the other day to finish it up and some fresh steamed beans i picked this morning.