What are You Eating from the Garden?

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Last night for supper we had chicken fried steak. For sides, we had canned green beans from the garden, and home canned fried potatoes. We love the canned potatoes. Fried, baked, mashed, in stews or as potato salad. Can't beat 'em. Hope to can up more this year.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
some old garlic. yum. very hot but good. i was eating some of it as i was trimming it to get it put up.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
not from my garden :hide - but someone's...
I can't WAIT for this summer when there will be LOTS of plates like this that ARE from my garden!
shakshouka this morning
(the egg IS from my 'garden' :D)
Shakshouka.jpg

brussles sprouts and a tomato salad last night
brussles with tomato salad.jpg

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We've been making and eating a ton of fresh salsa lately. It began as a proactive measure to defend against all the sickness going around locally. I put a lot of onion and garlic and peppers in it, and if a germ can survive my salsa than nothing is going to defend us against it, haha.

Anyway, I've been buying fresh tomatoes to use in it, but yesterday ran across a bag of last summers whole tomatoes in the freezer.
I used them along with our frozen homegrown hot peppers and I think it turned out fantastic. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We've been making and eating a ton of fresh salsa lately. It began as a proactive measure to defend against all the sickness going around locally. I put a lot of onion and garlic and peppers in it, and if a germ can survive my salsa than nothing is going to defend us against it, haha.

Anyway, I've been buying fresh tomatoes to use in it, but yesterday ran across a bag of last summers whole tomatoes in the freezer.
I used them along with our frozen homegrown hot peppers and I think it turned out fantastic. :)

that sounds delicious! :)

we've been trying to eat up things we've stuck in the freezer. today i had mushroom, onion and garlic soup - the onions were from the garden.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
not from my garden :hide - but someone's...
I can't WAIT for this summer when there will be LOTS of plates like this that ARE from my garden!
shakshouka this morning
(the egg IS from my 'garden' :D)
View attachment 30692

brussles sprouts and a tomato salad last night
View attachment 30693
OMG!! I am Still trying to master growing Brussels Sprouts!! Did you freeze them?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Swiss chard today. It is the Fordhook Giant with the white stems. I have a little bit of red, but it is not growing like the white. They were planted last year.

it isn't something that over winters here very easily without protection. i think i've had one plant out of a few dozen survive.

Latest posts