What are You Eating from the Garden?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Air fried?

What happened to the excitement in air fryers? DW used it until the lid broke. Replaced the lid, put it away and I haven't seen it since ... altho I must have been the person assigned to carrying it down to the basement.

I hope that her interest in the dehydrater doesn't wane with only her enthusiasm for the tomato chips. No way will we have as many tomatoes this year but she is again munching on kale chips from the store.

Those look good, @Gardening with Rabbits :). Maybe a good use for the Serrano peppers this year. They are new to me but the plants are doing okay.

Steve

one of my brother's is in love with his air fryer. i'm quite happy with a cast iron pan for the once in a while burger or pancakes.

BeanWonderin

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Pickled radishes.

725901EF-1BAF-45C3-A3C3-6751FA6E6670.jpeg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Shallots & Garlic. Sweet onions. Green onions.

About the shallots - first time this afternoon. They are something that @hoodat and I were talking about several years ago - seed saved from hybrid shallots. Trying seed from open-pollinated variety Zebrune, as well. Those aren't ready quite yet out in the garden.

Shallots and onions are both Allium cepa. I have read that Zebrune is a cross but it's also called an "heirloom" so that cross must have been made some time ago. I'm not sure what to think about shallots/onions, hybrids/open-pollinated except that I especially like shallots. I guess that should be good enough :).

Steve

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Blueberries! Made a blueberry cheesecake, and a blueberry cake.

I can't really use any one thing for a complete dish, as there isn't quite enough yet, but I can put one or a couple things in a dish. I made green split pea soup, with some new baby carrots and a Big Jim pepper, and also ate a plate of my Carminat purple beans with butter and mixed spices. Fresh green beans can't compare to store bought!

Latest posts