What are You Eating from the Garden?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
OMGosh! What is killing your tomatoes?!? Usually mine survive up to a light frost every fall, and then I scramble to save every green one that looks good to ripen inside and can them.
Send me your tomato soup recipe, pls!!! :D

some years the blights get them almost completely. this year we still have some green on the tops. sadly the critters are chewing on a lot of them. i went out to pick a few for burritoes and i had a hard time finding one that was ripe enough to eat and also not chewed on.

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
OMGosh! What is killing your tomatoes?!? Usually mine survive up to a light frost every fall, and then I scramble to save every green one that looks good to ripen inside and can them.
Send me your tomato soup recipe, pls!!! :D
All kinds of diseases and pests get them. This is is unusual year that I am getting tomatoes this late. Mostly are hybrid and that's why. Usually they are dead by mid August!

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here is the canned tomato soup! I got 10 pint jars. Didn't really follow a recipe but I did pressure can it the way I did my pasta sauce.

Attachments

• 20220908_193712.jpg
    20220908_193712.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 52

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
beans and tomatoes yesterday, today i have to get out and pick some melon (one is ready again yum!) and onions for making some taco salad topping and it looks like some rains will be here in a few so it is time to get out there and get it done...

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Canned 15 half pints of pears and we have eaten all but 2, PEARS, that is, NOT the jars! I found one still on the tree that isn't quite ripe yet.
DH is is hog heaven, now that there is always a dish of tomatoes on the table. We broke off with DD's--atty DD had to work in her office today--so we had BLT's for lunch. We get another 45 days or so where we can eat GOOD BLT's, bc, IMHO, they all depend upon the quality of the tomatoes.

Last edited:

Latest posts