What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I uncovered the "new addition" area of the garden that I have had under black plastic all winter. It looks good. Grass seems to be all killed out, and I just need to make sure I get newspaper and straw mulch down before the roots start sprouting again. I will have room for 35 tomato plants there. Today I planted beans and cucumbers in the old part of the garden. On my package of Fortex pole beans, the instructions said to wait till the soil temp is 80 degrees! That would be mid-July around here. well, maybe sooner. I planted them anyway, so if they don't come up, I have only myself to blame.
My peas are blooming!
It is hot and sunny here for the next week.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fava beans!

I have only had them once before and the aphids gave me a very short season. This year, I'm determined that they aren't gonna do that to the plants, again!

:\

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am behind. I spent part of March and April doctoring a rabbit. My favorite rabbit Hot Shot. I am going to put a post about that. Took hours of my time and did not turn out good. :hitThis rabbit loved me. Anyway, and now I have a toothache myself, but I have planted a few onions and I transplanted the beets I started inside. They got bigger than I wanted, so I am not sure that this will work. I have my oldest tomatoes hardened off and slowly barely working on the other tomatoes and peppers. I have some cucumbers, cantaloupe and watermelon plants started.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Replanted sweet corn and peas as moles went right down rows tunneling.

Planted a row of green beans.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Replanted sweet corn and peas as moles went right down rows tunneling.

Planted a row of green beans.
Moles are carnivores so they are not eating your corn or peas. Not saying they wouldn't tunnel under your seedlings and destroy them that way. Wish I knew how to keep the moles from damaging garden veggies, though.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Understood. They went down row tunneling looking for grubs. Whatever seeds (all of them) were in the way, destroyed.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just noticed a mole had circled the pole where I planted one grouping of pole beans, pushing the softened ground up. One bean, already sprouted, was lying on top of the ground. I reburied it, and stepped around to mash down the run. Some days I have to step on mole runs in the garden several times a day. Being home most of the time, I can do that, but the working world isn't home to do it.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Celeriac ..

. and, some more lettuce. The lettuce was in little clumps of a leaf lettuce blend. I think we may like lettuce because it's pretty.

Celery Root must be just about the ugliest vegetable, world 'round.

;) Steve

Latest posts