What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Choy sum and a blend of lettuce in a flat ... (left room for some Shanghai bok choy when I can find the seed at this late date.)

The greenhouse is very warm on any sunny day. I expect quick germination and will transplant to greenhouse beds at an appropriate time.

The benches have to come out of the greenhouse, first. They are covered with drying peppers and beans :).

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A duplex pony with Kai-lan on one side and Mizuna on the other.

I won't have many of either in the greenhouse this winter but I'm curious especially about Guy Lon. It doesn't need to develop buds to be edible so it has until March to do something ;).

The stuff seems to really appreciate protection. It's like Chinese cabbage that way, to a degree. I find Chinese cabbage almost impossible to grow outside of plastic covering.

Steve

Renne

Sprout
Reaction score
I am planting 5 more lettuce seeds AND plants to replace the ones we picked this week. I plant every week to ten days to keep a steady supply thru the winter. Under cover with kohl rabi and small bok choi.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Howdy, @Renne, welcome to TEG! Glad to see you jump right in and join the conversation.

Tell us a bit more about yourself and your gardening situation. We love meeting new gardeners -- the best kind of people.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I went out to the back and got the snow off the compost and filled a 5 gallon bucket and carried it back to the house,trudging in the snow. I am thinking about winter sowing some flowers, but I need to get compost in and warmed up and bringing in another bucket tomorrow. Almost have my seed ordering figured out.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
You're ahead of me, GWR, even if we're in much the same growing zone. I've been concentrating on my veggie needs. I should/could be starting some flowers, too.

I am worried how many flowers I will have left. I did not water like I should last year with all that was going on with DH. I would miss the flowers and the bees would too.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I feel like I will have to start over on most of my flower beds. With DH being sick last summer as well, nothing much was done other then working in the veggies. Also, most of my beds were planted before I got sick 10 years ago. With the illness resulting in little work being spent on upkeep and DH losing interest in the flowers as long as I was ill and not taking the lead. . .

I still have my dreams, but now everything will have to be done myself. DH is not likely to be a big help in the yard anymore at all.

Baby steps. . . and being retired should help a lot.