What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like rabbits. :) I had a few when I was a kid. A girl friend bought me a Flemish Giant for my 15th birthday and he was a hoot. I used to put him in the goat pen for exercise and he would chase the goats around!

My acquisition of a bunny may be a post someday on Bays CL thread...

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rusty was a good deal. I found him on Free-cycle (before its demise in this area). His family had him as a house rabbit. They were moving and couldn't keep him. I got, not only Rusty, but his hutch, toys, feeder, water bottles, bed, and a supply of food free.

His family (of 7 children) did come back a few times to visit him and harvest goodies from my veggie garden, becoming friends before they moved away.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like rabbits. :) I had a few when I was a kid. A girl friend bought me a Flemish Giant for my 15th birthday and he was a hoot. I used to put him in the goat pen for exercise and he would chase the goats around!

My acquisition of a bunny may be a post someday on Bays CL thread...

I have one that chases that big cat, Mister. When Mister stops, the rabbit touches his tail and he takes off and eventually has to get up high on something to get away from him.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am not planting yet, but I am getting close. I have the greenhouse in the kitchen ready. All the lights work. I moved more compost to the garden and have been doing cleanup work each day trying to get in better shape. I have some seeds ordered and getting ready to start onions and cabbage, and I am going to put some flower seeds in milk jugs for the winter sowing.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I started onions on Feb. 1. Last year it was Feb. 8. I started some tomatoes, kale, oregano, parsley, thyme, collards and cabbage today. I have seeds coming Friday and I have a couple of other orders to get out. I have been moving compost and raking. I filled milk jugs with compost for winter sowing flowers. I got the jugs cut and the compost in and left them on the patio to plant today, but the compost was froze. LOL I brought them in to warm up and will put the seeds in and put outside and see what happens. I have had some luck with this. I may just put them under plastic and get them going faster.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Starting my tomato seeds tomorrow, first in damp paper towel, then into 6 packs, after that I'll keep potting them up a size as needed, finishing off in one gallon pots. They'll stay in the greenhouse until the weather is suitable to be planted out, most will be starting to flower by then.
Annette

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I am planting Fall bulbs that never made it into the ground last Fall. I only lost one package, and that was because i stored it outside in a plastic shopping bag and the bulbs rotted. The ones that were stored in the dark barn were sprouting. I learn a LOT the hard way, but I'll be enjoying some flowers early this year! I'll take pictures for you. :D

Latest posts