What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
@Gardening with Rabbits, Plant the snap peas. I planted mine late and they delivered for me. I will replant next week for a fall harvest, even though the spring harvest for the sugar snap peas and the regular peas was just for me, grazing.
I got 3 more romas in the roma bed that I had gotten compromised for 25 cents/each and nursed back to planting size on the porch.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits, Plant the snap peas. I planted mine late and they delivered for me. I will replant next week for a fall harvest, even though the spring harvest for the sugar snap peas and the regular peas was just for me, grazing.
I got 3 more romas in the roma bed that I had gotten compromised for 25 cents/each and nursed back to planting size on the porch.

Good deal about the tomatoes! The snap peas are going to be fun.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, snap!

My snap pea sowing for fall was a fail ... the only package of seed around here was from 2005! It went in the dumpster ... gotta stop saving such old seed!

The soil was ready, it was time, the snow pea seed was fresh. Good enuf!

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The snow peas are small plants and will probably stay that way until the weather is a little cooler.

Joining them, in what was an early potato growing bed, are more tiny plants - spinach, chard and orach. Also, there is the second try with edible amaranth.

Of course, bok choy is in that bed. The most recent sowing was Wednesday. Those are already up!

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Perpetual Spinach!?

I was wondering if I was the only person to grow that veggie ;).

Last year, I had Verde de Taglio chard and white beets - no perpetual spinach but some things very similar.

Steve

ChickenGrass

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hi Steve,
Well now you know someone else who grows it too!
Some people don't like it though,
And they say it can be eaten raw but when picked young it can be.