What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I planted 12 onion seeds inside and I'm going to wait until the start to bulb... like 2 months before I can move them out.

I have my planting chart in front of me... I've done a lot of 'erasing' today!!!! :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Onion seed . . . . check ☼!

Snapdragon seed . . . . check ☼!

Pepper seed . . . . soon ♫!

Steve

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh snap dragons are so fun!!! I've been warned by friends theirs didn't do well in the last couple of years, but I'm trying them anyways.

What kind you get?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Snaps: Rockets (with extra Redstones) & Madam Butterflies :).

I'm already sorry I won't have White Toppers this year . . . :/.

Steve

breconbcs

Sprout
Reaction score
So far I have started marigolds, violas, foxglove, spurred snapdragons (toadflax), two trays of hostas (golden tiara and I can't remember the other off hand), garlic chives and orange coneflowers. I still have more seeds to go and more on the way. :)
The ones I have to plant still are columbine, pansies, petunias, yellow, green coneflowers, sunflowers, more hostas (I have ALOT of shade) and more foxglove.

I've gone for plants/seeds that are not easily found in my local greenhouses/nurseries. Hopefully other area gardeners will appreciate it and buy my extras. I know my sister is starting a waiting list with her friends. :)

mmtillman

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
....I was stressing out because the ground is too wet to till up here in SW MO. I do this each year ; get in a big hurry to plant and my very patient Hubby always tells me, slow down, just be patient.
But, I want to put in my lettuce and spinach NOW~~~ :he It shoulda been planted in FEB, so we are already late. :barnie

Yes... for the past 20 years we have this same debate every year about this time of year.
HUbby only plants tomatoes and wont even think about them till about the first of MAY, which drives me crazy. I am unable to till the garden anymore by myself, so am doubly frustrated. :tongue

Anyway, today my wonderful hubby came up with the most unique and perfect idea :thumbsup for me to be able to plant my lettuce and spinach AND onions !!! A place, so, he wont have to till a muddy garden spot:
He suggested that I use the kids old sandbox as a lettuce bed!!!!!! :woot Why didnt I think of that???? :idunno
So we went to Wally World, got a couple bags of top soil, came home and scooped out a half dozen buckets of my very beautiful compost that was black, rich, full of nice big worms and ready to use !!!!! He used a maddox to loosin up the sand for me , and we got in the sandbox and started mixing up the topsoil and compost together with the sand and PRESTO!! A perfect lettuce bed!!!!!! I had my seeds burning a hole in my purse , so I ran in and got them and and he helped me to sow them, too!!
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful hubby!! :love

shelleyd2008

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I have a few broccoli, lettuce, tomatoes, and cauliflower started in an indoor greenhouse thingy. It's only been a few days and some are already sprouted!! I have a ton of squash, pumpkin, watermelon, peppers, corn, flowers, (just about anything!) ready to go as soon as the frost danger is over. Now if only my garden area were so ready! I still need to find someone with a working tiller, mine quit :(

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I transplanted some tomatoes today that I started about 3 weeks ago. I know I started them too early but I am hoping to get them into the greenhouse around the beginning of May and MAYBE have tomatoes a little early this year. :lol:

mmtillman

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
vfem said:
I just HAD to plant something!!! I was going to go crazy.

I put in 6 Calla Lily bulbs, and 8 bare root Lily of the Vally.

It says it was ok now for this zone, so lets hope I wasn't too early... though it looks like we only have one more night near freezing. :D
Sounds like someone is getting anxious for spring???? ;) :gig

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I sure am... I moved my morning glory vines out to the fence today, and my Glory Vine out to the Arbor.

Tomorrow after my daughter's birthday party I'm planting some Sugar snap peas out on the garden trellis. :cool:

Its going to be 82 tomorrow... it was 78 today.
(The whole week is going to be in the high 60s-70s.

Latest posts