What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes... today was an amazing planting day! I transplanted my japanese maple (which is only 18" tall) into a new plant bed that wraps around the house. I hope it enjoys its new happy spot.

Today was GREAT, a whole 70 degrees.... I was a happy cookie. :D

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm jealous! But the piles of snow are melting away as we've hit 40+ the past 2 days. They can't go away soon enough! I did start some more seeds: cauliflower, basil, hyssop, snow peas & spinach.

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I'm in zone 8b and we're in w wind advisory. It's blown from the north all night and today so can't do any more planting until it goes down. There was new snow on the mountains this morning but we didn't get any rain from it. Have an atemesia to plant and another climbing rose and seeds galore both veggie and flower but it will have to wait a little longer. I think we'll have more frost before we go into spring.

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What I have had in my garden for the last couple months: broccoli, brussels sprouts (I can't WAIT until these are ready for picking), and bunching onion.

What I planted this week: garlic (no idea how this is going to do), cherry tomatoes, early girl tomatoes, jalapenos, oak leaf lettuce, romaine lettuce, cilantro, beets, zucchini, dragon carrots, carnival carrots, turnips, celery, sugar snap peas, and red florence onions.

I still have one section of garden that I can plant, but I haven't decided yet what to put there. As soon as I have the rest of the grass taken out of the front yard, I will have even more area. I think the front will be mostly lettuces, but I'm not entirely certain yet.

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
raining again in the desert....Yeah!!!!!!!! the wildflowers will be lovely this year. I can't work in the garden today but might plant some seeds in peat pots indoors. When it stops raining I want to plant the other climbing rose. Will wait until after March 15th to plant tomatoes. The gardeners here that have been doing it for over 30 years say to wait until then. I plan on potatoes next and some turnip and mustard seed. Later I'll plant the beans and squash, both zucchini and yellow summer squash.

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
It's unofficially spring here also. The fruit trees are in bloom and so are the flowering plum and flowering peach. I have the climbers planted and yesterday DH planted onions and his peas are up. Our last day for frost is the 15th but we could get some later on into April. I bought a 6 pack of tomatoes yesterday (6 different varieties) to plant in my raised bed. If it gets windy or frosty I can cover them as I have a tent frame over that bed. The wild flowers around will start blooming soon. I noticed that all the natural desert bushes are turning green I have indigo bushes on the property that are a lovely purple when in bloom and the CA poppy will be another lovely one to see.

DawnSuiter

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS TOO!!!!
You make me miss the west coast so much!!!

Technically I think it's another 5 weeks before our last estimated frost date. But I don't have to grow many plants so I can protect them if it gets bad for a day or two here and there... or at night only.

Wind Notes & Butterflies

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
It's 65 degrees here and the sun is warm and shining bright! :coolsun
Starting my seeds in my trays today and raking up those leftover fall leaves.
Due to be spring like thru most of next week but expecting rain by tuesday. :rolleyes:

Enjoy it while you can old man winter isn't done just yet :old

Latest posts