What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Whitewater

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Well, I finally got to plant something, so I can join this thread now!

Yesterday I started a ton of genovese basil and sweet banana peppers inside, in those little peat pot trays. I hope they sprout!

Now, of course, I'm worrying about whether they have enough light, if it's too humid (they're down in the basement) or not humid enough, if the temp is right, if they're moist enough, how often I should water, etc etc. Gotta love doing things for the first time ever!

I'll feel a whole lot better once they sprout, because then I can transfer them into bigger containers, and growing something in a container until it's large enough (and warm enough outside) to transplant is something I learned how to do last year.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Whitewater

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just planted my first seeds outdoors for the season! I planted oriental greens, carrots, beets, lettuce & spinach in the raised bed. DH needs to make me a new top for it since I've manage to break most of the windows that I used as cover for last year. :/ As soon as the cauliflower & snow peas get a little bigger, they are going out, too.

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Whitewater said:
Well, I finally got to plant something, so I can join this thread now!

Yesterday I started a ton of genovese basil and sweet banana peppers inside, in those little peat pot trays. I hope they sprout!

Now, of course, I'm worrying about whether they have enough light, if it's too humid (they're down in the basement) or not humid enough, if the temp is right, if they're moist enough, how often I should water, etc etc. Gotta love doing things for the first time ever!

I'll feel a whole lot better once they sprout, because then I can transfer them into bigger containers, and growing something in a container until it's large enough (and warm enough outside) to transplant is something I learned how to do last year.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Whitewater
keep them moist, don't let them dry out. They'll need some light, if not from a window then from a light bulb. To keep them humid it helps to put a tent of plastic over them but if your basement is damp then they should be all right. Lot's of luck.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Today I planted more radish, spinach and lettuce!!! So far so good.... ;)

BlueRose

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Today I planted: tomatos and yellow squash. I'm starting them inside the house until the last frost, or when winter is over.

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
BlueRose said:
Today I planted: tomatos and yellow squash. I'm starting them inside the house until the last frost, or when winter is over.
A good thing you've planted them in the house. I don't know where in CA you live but I just read a weather alert for our area and snow levels can drop to 2,000 feet tonight. I'm in the desert area north of Mojave. I haven't planted my tomatoes yet although if I did I could cover them. It's the cold wind that gets to things here.

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I just planted some Homestead peas and a coneflower indoors. I might start some herbs soon too, I have the daylight lamp upstairs and the pots sitting in a sunny south facing window :)

I like to start a few peas indoors so I can plant them right out when the bed is ready and we have some maturer plants, then I'll direct plant some peas as well.

jamespm_98

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
This weekend I planted potatoes, onions and sugar snap peas in the garden. I have lettuce, tomatoes, squash, zuchinni, cucumbers, watermelon, and canteloupe in the greenhouse I planted from seed about two weeks ago. Lettuce is all up and a few of the other plants have started to sprout. More onions are going in the ground this afternoon if the rain holds off. I may get some carrots and radishes seeded tonight as well, depends on how my body holds up. I am still recovering from the weekend planting. Its amazing how out of shape I get over the winter. :rolleyes: Spent all weekend working in the yard and garden and my muscles are letting me know.

Latest posts