What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

S0rcy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I just finished getting out my plug trays! I am very late for this area, especially when some farmers already have their first lettuce and mustard crops finished!

Tomorrow the baby tomatoes get plug planted as well as the first lettuces and mustard. Baby watermelons and flowers are next after that.

PennyinOk

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi everyone I am new here this is my first post but I am excited that spring is here.:lol: We tilled our garden spot over the past weekend and I am going to go out and plant some celebrity tomatoes and a couple Jalepeno plants. I have some Harlequin flower bulbs I am going to add to my flower bed and some holly hock seeds.:D I want to plant some green beans later, nothing like fresh beans!

LisaJean

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I was just looking at the bed I planted along the fence in my backyard, and it seems that nothing has sprouted. I planted canteloupe, watermelon, yellow squash and cucumbers, and there's no sign of any of them. I think either the soil isn't fertile enough, or I didn't water enough.

I think I will try fortifying the soil, and getting some seedlings from the garden shop.

GardenGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Today we got the sugar snap peas, fennel and turnips in the ground!! :weee I just love spring!

We already started indoors:

Tomatoes: Big Boy, Super Sweets 100, and Plums
Eggplant, and carnival mix bell peppers.

Can't wait to start the rest of the veggies in a few weeks!

bantymama

Sprout
Reaction score
Today i started some green peppers, hollyhocks and morning glories.

LisaJean

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I still want to put in a row of sunflowers to give my garden protecting from the later day summer sun. Also I want to plant a few more beets in the spots where I managed not to drop any seeds.

I thinned my peas the other day, and ate the seedling in a salad. Yum!

Oh, and the batch of radishes I planted in the winter... I left them too long, I think. They're so peppery and woody I can't eat them.

On the upside, the cabbages I planted in January are getting huge! They finally seem to be forming heads.

mradam

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hello everyone! This is my first post for TheEasyGarden, I've been on BackYardChickens fora while now, but just started checking this site out recently.
I am planting(indoors):
heirloom brandywine tomatoes
broccoli
bell peppers

I put them in soil last Saturday and I have little sprouts coming up everywhere!

I have 1/4 of my garden tilled(I am having to do it by hand), and will hopefully have in ready by this weekend.

Thanks for the great site!

Adam

mradam

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
here are some pics I just took of my little sprouts, and my future garden spot:
My plot is about 15ftx35ft:
SA400182.jpg

Tomatoes:
SA400180.jpg

Broccoli:
SA400178.jpg

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
LisaJean said:
I was just looking at the bed I planted along the fence in my backyard, and it seems that nothing has sprouted. I planted canteloupe, watermelon, yellow squash and cucumbers, and there's no sign of any of them. I think either the soil isn't fertile enough, or I didn't water enough. I think I will try fortifying the soil, and getting some seedlings from the garden shop.
Soil fertility doesn't affect seed germination or very early seedling growth. I betcha anything that either something et your seeds, or they were not kept consistently enough moist. (I have trouble ensuring the latter myself, not being highly interested in the day-to-day minutiae of vegetables, and so I plant almost exclusively things that can be started in the basement under lights :p)

However, if you can dig more organic matter into your soil, that will help it hold moisture longer and more evenly, as well as Other Good Things, so it definitely *is* worth doing some amending :)

Good luck,

Pat, just in from moving 3 rhubarb plants to the veg patch where a *sensible* person would have planted them in teh *first* place :p