What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This week:

Potatoes: Peruvian Blue, Cranberry Red. Last week I planted the fingerlings, Yukon Golds and All-Blue.

Invicta gooseberries, two sweet cherry trees, five apples (another N. Spy, RI Greening, Cinnamon, Nonesuch, another russet), some grapes.

Also going to start some beds for chicken greens. Have some lettuces going in the cold frame, but they are still very small.

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Just came in from planting carrots, radises, shallots and some iceberg lettuce. :D

kathyschix

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Scallions, peas, broccoli, chard, red & green head lettuces, beets, mesclun and some asian greens. Hoping Mother Nature "waters" soon so I don't have to. :D

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
kathyschix said:
Scallions, peas, broccoli, chard, red & green head lettuces, beets, mesclun and some asian greens. Hoping Mother Nature "waters" soon so I don't have to. :D
Did you get rain today Kathyschix? It drizzled almost all day here in Altoona and rained all last night. We really needed it.

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I planted 10 hanging baskets with petunias, and or Verbena, fusha, ivy and thumbergia yellow black eyed susan variety not in same baskets I did mix some. :D Good thing I was in the greenhouse :ya cause it's been snowing here most of the day :sick

:happy_flower Karan :D

lnm03

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I hope to plant my potatoes beets and a few other things on Good Friday! I cant wait! :D

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
homesteadmom said:
Replanting about half my garden seeds as the nasty little %^&*$# critters ate my seedlings!!! Need to fix my fence now too!
Ut Oh.... my friend Stef had the same issue. Squirrels got most of her seedlings that came up. :(

I suggest a little fence and BB gun!

homesteadmom

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
vfem said:
homesteadmom said:
Replanting about half my garden seeds as the nasty little %^&*$# critters ate my seedlings!!! Need to fix my fence now too!
Ut Oh.... my friend Stef had the same issue. Squirrels got most of her seedlings that came up. :(

We have a fence but it needs some repair work & expansion done. When I told dh they were eatting on his corn seedlings he said we need to fix the fence asap!(figures). I did find a few more seedlings popping up yesterday morning(we will see if they are still there today) so not quite as much to replant. I really need this garden this yr as dh will be losing money as he has to take a one day a pay period furlough starting in July & what he will lose is our grocery budget. So I need all the produce we can grow ourselves now.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
homesteadmom said:
vfem said:
homesteadmom said:

We have a fence but it needs some repair work & expansion done. When I told dh they were eatting on his corn seedlings he said we need to fix the fence asap!(figures). I did find a few more seedlings popping up yesterday morning(we will see if they are still there today) so not quite as much to replant. I really need this garden this yr as dh will be losing money as he has to take a one day a pay period furlough starting in July & what he will lose is our grocery budget. So I need all the produce we can grow ourselves now.
Yeah I'm preparing for the worst this year too. I know my neighbors have been laid off so I've been sharing eggs so far... I will get them spinach and lettuce soon... over the summer I'll share what cucumbers and tomatoes I can as well. I don't think we can lose our crops to pests this year.

My husband was laid off last year for 2 1/2 months and thank goodness got a great job with a booming company since (a week before christmas). You just never can know how that will go. So I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch in this economy.

I would really try to cover some of your seedlings with a sheet or plastic for part of the day when you are not around. I'd hate to see all that work get destroyed so quickly. :(

Latest posts