What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yesterday we planted:
Summer squash
lemon cukes
pink-eye purple hull peas
contender green beans
kentucky wonder pole beans
cherokee purple tomatoes
better boy's
5 different kinds of peppers
still need to plant more tomatoes
:weee

warmfuzzies

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We finally got the tractor ready so Saturday we got tha ground worked. Today I planted two 30ft rows each of peas and potatoes, and got my Wall-O-Waters all set up. I have never tried them before, does anyone have any experience with them?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful weekend led to many hours in the garden! Direct seeded, carrots, beets, lettuce, and onion sets. Started a bunch of others in the cold frames. Sure feels good to get gardening! Today we had a gentle rain, with warm temps.

damummis

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yesterday I got carrots, radishes, Brussels sprouts, onions, peas and some flowers in. Today was broccoli, cauliflower, kale and lettuce.

I love spring!!!

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today, planted the bell pepper, tomato, cucumber and eggplant sendlings into the garden. Got some "mystery seed" seedings from a very nice gardener...through a very special and dear friend, that will be going out in just a bit. (there is a bit of excited anticipation, there).
The bush beans are growing pretty fast, now. The carrots (1st time planting....ever) are starting to show fern-like tops. Have had to cover the taters with hay four or five times, already, as they are growing so fast, you can almost see it happening. The collards, lettuce, onions, brocolli and spinach have all hit "spurts", too. Strawberries are loaded with tiny berries and blooms. The sugar snaps are blooming. The beets and swiss chard are coming along...just slower than the rest of the plants. All in all....it's looking more and more like a garden.....an allotment garden, that is.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
DH finished tilling the garden today! Once again, it is bigger than it was the year before. :D Our corn did so well last year, we wanted to make it big enough that we could do succession planning & still have good pollination.

I'm going to go out & put down the paths, then put up my tomato fence. I know it's awfully early, but I think I'm going to plant out a couple of tomato plants today or tomorrow. I've got so many of them, if I lose a couple, it should be OK.

I AM SO HAPPY SPRING IS HERE!!!! :weee

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I started some Zinnia's I got seeds for... AND I moved my newly sprouted watermelons out to the greenhouse. :D

2ndtimearound

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
On my last few days off, I started seeds inside:

Broccoli
Garlic
Moonflowers (Datura)
Cockscomb
Milkweed vine
Pampass grass

Direct sowed dill, and the very next day we had a HAIL storm! :barnie
(It was little-bitty hail, but still... :duc )

I also found that the wild onions that I tried to relocated into my garden last year decided to come up this year...

and the oregano is growing like gangbusters!! :weight

and my butterfly bush is greening up and sprouting (yay!) :clap

and one of the clumps of purple asters I put in last fall is coming up :rose

and....the purple coneflowers are coming up fine, only lost one starter from last year. :coolsun

whew! I've got lots more to go, but at least I feel like things are FINALLY underway after a VERY long winter! :watering

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just had to post a picture of the new & improved garden. Just a few more weeks & I'll be able to plant out all my seedlings!

5763_036.jpg

Hmmm...now what do I plant in all that space??? ;)

Latest posts