What did you can (freeze, dehydrate, preserve) today?

coopy

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks will have to try that one. I don't think I have done that one yet.
I've soaked them in a brine and it didn't help. Maybe one of these days I will hit on something that will work. Sure going to try the ice water.

nccountrygirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I went this morning and got 2 30 lb boxes of tomatoes to put up tomorrow. 1 box is Roma's and the other is Homesteads. I also came home with 10 colored Bell Peppers which I have now put in the freezer. How do you dry the seeds? I have them on a paper towel on my back porch under the ceiling fan, will that work?

Dace

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
punkin said:
Today, I froze more okra, canned zucchini salsa and pickled hot cayenne peppers. :)
Punkin, can you share your zucchini salsa recipe? I just made a small batch of salsa last night and was thinking I should add some chopped zukes to it...but thought maybe I was just weird! LOL!

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
nccountrygirl said:
I went this morning and got 2 30 lb boxes of tomatoes to put up tomorrow. 1 box is Roma's and the other is Homesteads. I also came home with 10 colored Bell Peppers which I have now put in the freezer. How do you dry the seeds? I have them on a paper towel on my back porch under the ceiling fan, will that work?
Yes, that should do it! :)

I, too, use cold water for pickles.

Today we made a couple of pints of kumquat marmalade for the ice box, but in a few days we are going to go and get about 10 more lbs., I hope, and those I will actually can. :)

Dace

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Last night my daughter friend came over with a huge bag of apricots. So I made my first ever batch of jam! 10 jars and boy do they look pretty!!

Dace

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
punkin said:
Hey Dace! Go here for the zucchini salsa recipe:

www.thatsmyhome.com/general/zucchini-salsa.htm

The only thing I did differently was to add two 15 oz. cans of tomato sauce. It just did not have enough liquid in it for me.

It is really good. In 2 days my husband and I have already eaten 2 pints :love
Thank you that looks delicious! Some of the other recipes there look really good too, but I notice it does not say how many jars each recipe makes. I am such a newbie...how many jars did that recipe make?

Latest posts