What Did You Do In The Garden?

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is 75 degrees outside right now and so now, almost giddy from it. I dug some potatoes, cut some kale, peppers and a couple of small tomatoes, and more squash. DD came and picked up some of each. DS got the string up for the pole beans and I did a lot of weeding. I have enough cucumbers outside big enough to ferment tomorrow.

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It was gorgeous here so this evening I snapped some photos around the place. Weeee!
I did a bunch of deadheading, too.
Below are a few ...
IMG_0819.JPG
IMG_0829.JPG
IMG_0852.JPG
IMG_0854.JPG

http://sweetmissdaisy.typepad.com/sassy_sweet_notes/2017/07/flowers-at-the-coop.html

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Love your coop
Thank you!! I do too! :D:D I designed it to include old windows my gramps took out of a cabin on the lake I live near, in the early 60s. They were in the garage still when we sold gramp's house nearly 20 years ago, so mom and dad took them up to their house. They still hadn't been used so I was allowed to use them! Fun circle they made, back to this zip code. The large single pane window was taken out of another Gramma's house in the late 60s. Mom and dad had it in their house for 30 years before it was removed for a remodel. I had the main structure built by a local builder and then did the coop and finishing details myself w help from various friends and family.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Busy morning picking way too many cucumbers, kale, zucchini.
Here is this morning haul:
002.JPG
There are 48 cucumbers in the Trader Joe's grocery tote on the right. 2 grocery bags of kale and more left in the garden. Only 7 zucchini this trip but 2 of them are very large. Those are the 1st peppers we got to pick before the DOG! LOL

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
This is turning into quite a thread!! As soon as I can figure out how to post pictures (lost Photobucket :somad, which was mediore, at best), I'm gonna do so.
Btw, sweet peppers are producing and we can stuffed peppers for dinner this week. My beets are HUGE and I need to can this weekend and replant. LOVE everybody's photos!!! :love

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Busy morning picking way too many cucumbers, kale, zucchini.
Here is this morning haul:View attachment 20844 There are 48 cucumbers in the Trader Joe's grocery tote on the right. 2 grocery bags of kale and more left in the garden. Only 7 zucchini this trip but 2 of them are very large. Those are the 1st peppers we got to pick before the DOG! LOL
Hey! I know that Trader Joe's bag!!! :cool:

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is turning into quite a thread!! As soon as I can figure out how to post pictures (lost Photobucket :somad, which was mediore, at best), I'm gonna do so.
Btw, sweet peppers are producing and we can stuffed peppers for dinner this week. My beets are HUGE and I need to can this weekend and replant. LOVE everybody's photos!!! :love
When you're creating a response, there is an "upload file" button. You can use that to upload a photo and then choose to insert as a thumbnail or full image. If you choose neither of those, it will add it to the post as an attached file we can open to view.

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Or you can use the little photo link option, in the bar above to link to a file posted elsewhere on the web (I suspect this is how you were using photobucket images?)

Latest posts