What Did You Do In The Garden?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wrote some words down the other day and realized that I didn't do ANYTHING in the garden and haven't for weeks ... but, auto-save shows me my post every time I come back. i like to think about gardening, too!

While still active in the garden, I really appreciate the stretching involved.

Backyard leaves can go in a dugout bed after serving mulching purposes around perennials through the winter. They need to be spread out in more space than I imagine DW has dug. Still, I don't know how much she has dug. She has her physical limitations, also.

Somebody once said that a gardener needs an iron back with a hinge. I've never had an iron back and haven't been able to do everything that I've wanted to do out there, every season. Fortunately, I haven't reached some permanent stage of incapacity and just puttering around, feel that I have returned to some sort of a physical normal. Yay!

Steve :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fortunately, I haven't reached some permanent stage of incapacity and just puttering around, feel that I have returned to some sort of a physical normal. Yay!

i say yay too for every day above ground. if they are pain free that is a huge bonus.

i've had back issues since i was a young kid (work, accidents, etc.) i'm drug free for now and hoping i can keep it this ways.

a few years ago i was walking along the road and realising that it was probably the first time in 40yrs or more that it wasn't painful.

safe journeys fellow traveller... :)

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Somebody once said that a gardener needs an iron back with a hinge. I've never had an iron back and haven't been able to do everything that I've wanted to do out there, every season. Fortunately, I haven't reached some permanent stage of incapacity and just puttering around, feel that I have returned to some sort of a physical normal. Yay!

I am not the same as 2 years ago and for some reason I hurt all over without even doing anything. I think more mental stress than physical stress. I have been looking for food ideas, vitamins, anything to feel better. I have decided bone broth is the magic I am going to try next. My plan now is try to do at least one thing outside and when I feel better I will do more and hopefully I will feel good in the spring. I can tell squatting down putting wood in the fire, when I stand, my knees are not the same as even this last spring when planting.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I may try it. I have heard of it. I think stress is doing this to me. Today, I dug out more compost and spread on garden. I have another bin that is just dry even with all the rain. Has hay, straw, rabbit manure and I raked it all out and then went to the garden and got a pile of rotting squash, tomatoes, etc. and put it in the pile and added more of the old straw on and got tired, so went and raked leaves and hauled them out to the pile and looked around at the nightmare and went inside. lol

Farmer Connie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I collected a half dz bird house gords. 3 where worthy of shalack. Rye grass seed is finally showing progress.. Spider plants are moldy? Hi yall!

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have decided to remake my raised beds. Having them 4x8 makes them a bit too wide for me to weed easily. In the process of taking them apart to remake into 3x8 beds, I found that most of them had too much termite damage to use. I put these down last fall. I had hoped they would last at least 3 or 4 years.

The plan is now to replace them with cement blocks. It will take a little bit more time to get them set up, but they will last. I have one I made a few years ago. It has worked great.

This week I have hauled the bed boards to the burn pile. I finished pulling up the okra stalks and added them to the pile. I'm hoping to start on the new beds this weekend. It will probably take me all winter to get them in. DH said he would help, so maybe it will go a bit faster.

Hi Connie!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
if you don't move it you tend to lose it seems to be how things go with me.

i need to stretch more and exercise somehow during the winter months. there hasn't been enough snow the past few years to even give us anything to argue about (who gets to shovel, yes, we actually do argue over this as we both like to do it :) ).

today was cold outside, but i got a garden of bean plants mostly taken care of. i still need to weed it some, but the ground is so wet it is just a mess to weed.

Latest posts