What Did You Do In The Garden?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary I have a potted Meyers. I go to citrus forum on garden web. Everyone agrees meyers heavy feeders some fertilize 2x a month
The EB Stone box says to do it monthly starting in February. That's a lot. My tree was planted 2 years ago. This is the first year that it has lemons on it. I decided to fertilize it to get it to grow faster. I don't know why. It's not like I need a lot of lemons. :rolleyes: I may try just every other month. That will be a lot more than zero. ;)

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I planted a six pack of Larissa's Russian Beauty tomato seeds indoors. Hopefully they'll grow. I put them in the top of the fridge covered with a plastic bag. Once they sprout I'll put them in my son's south facing bathroom that is sunny.

In the fall I planted snow peas that are just now starting to take off. The problem is by the time they start producing it will be time to plant my pole green beans. This is why I can't do some fall planting even if I want to. I have no other room for green beans which produce a lot more and that we eat more of.

Mary

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sprouting time!
20180205_181921.jpg 20180205_181926.jpg 20180205_181937.jpg

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bought potting soil and was going to bring the greenhouse in from the garage but it is so cold. I might get it done this afternoon. It was 16 and felt like -3 an hour or so ago. I will get the trays and pots out of the shed and will be a lot better than usual, I put everything in big tubs and stacked where I can find things. I checked on the rhubarb a few days ago and it is poking threw the ground and the comfrey plants. I put a little bit more straw over since it was going to get so cold again.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I spent an hour clearing last year's burdock from one of my fencelines. Now it's ready for cardboard and soiled bedding. I will burn the pile today.
I will be thanking my "past self" for this next summer! It is SOOOOO much easier to weed when you don't have a fence in the way.
DD's don't treat their future selves as kindly. They make a Christmas video every December. In 2014 Youngest DD was REALLY busy. Both DD's filmed their "future selves", who had NOTHING to do the next March, and even wore "Back to the Future" caps. Their future selves finished the video for them, and they collected via a Delorean that took them there.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I went out and turned the dirt in the box. I got half the box planted. Lettuce several kinds, spinach and mustard. I have to rake and turn the dirt on the rest of the box and decide what to plant there. I have it covered with plastic on the hoops. I have a lot of tomatoes and peppers up. I transplanted to bigger pots all of the kale, collards and cabbage and planted a few more kale and cherry tomatoes, some basil.