What Did You Do In The Garden?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
The rocks all came from our property, but it was a lot of picking up and hauling. Mostly with a wheelbarrow.
I'm embarrassed that it hasn't been finished. I have the boulders to go around the edge behind the house and connect to the smaller one that Kid#2 built 14 years ago (14! How is that possible?) but there are always more urgent projects.
Like getting on the computer... :oops:

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I picked two large bulbish items. I thought to myself: how in the heck did these lemon cucs get so big?

Stoopid me. They were young spag squash. Oh well....

I wasn't thinking straight anyway. I asked DD if I could have the Grands for four more days beyond the 5 days I get next weekend and right before the 4th. She said no. They'd rather spend the days lounging in the apt than going swimming in the river, clamming and crabbing in Port Angeles and Forks WA area. I was pretty upset. I need some Grands that want to do what I like to do...anyone got any extras I could borrow?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I picked two large bulbish items. I thought to myself: how in the heck did these lemon cucs get so big?

I wasn't thinking straight anyway. I asked DD if I could have the Grands for four more days beyond the 5 days I get next weekend and right before the 4th. She said no. They'd rather spend the days lounging in the apt than going swimming in the river, clamming and crabbing in Port Angeles and Forks WA area. I was pretty upset. I need some Grands that want to do what I like to do...anyone got any extras I could borrow?

if i were in that area i'd be happy to pretend i was a grandkid again. heeheehee! :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have amazing neighbors, all of them are that helpful and generous. No BTE there. We took down a bunch of pens and opened that area up. Without animals on it the weeds moved right in. I'm hoping to quell a little of the weed spread.

That's my version of dry creek bed. It separates the lawn from the outer areas.

i was thinking it might be a water break line for when you had heavy rains. they are useful in arid climates for holding back water a bit more and establishing a hedgeline on a terrain level grade line.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score

How old are they? Our granddaughter is 8 and grandson soon 5. They will go anywhere and do anything with Ninny and Papa. I count myself fortunate but sometimes I get greedy and want more grandkids, especially from my other daughter and son.

Mary

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary: its my daughter who withholds.

Miss S is 12 and is tall - I spoke with Nyboy about her a while back re basketball. 5'5" so far.
Master J is 8 going on "trouble". He's waaay too smart for his britches!!

Latest posts